Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista CP no uninstall button

• 15-05-2009 11:33pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone come across a fix for this.?
    Using Vista when I try to uninstall a programme in CP/ uninstall a programme the uninstall/change button does not appear with the exception of a few programmes. All the programmes where its not available show blank in the publisher column.
    The same happens if I try to use a 3rd party uninstaller like Revo etc.
    Only those on the list showing publisher details show up.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Bump!! Anyone???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

are you logged on as a admin?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes..
    Have tried setting up a new admin account also.
    I have also tried this fix... No joy!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have you tryed safe mode
    or the repair option
    pressing f8 on startup
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ms772425.aspx, there may be some info here

Thanks for your help MP22..
    Nothing of use in the knowledge base.
    In safe mode the problem still exists.
    System restore fails to all points before problem arose.
    Incidently any programmes installed after 22/04/09 are fine.
    There is some speculation around the net that an updatde prior to then is responsible.
    Anyone else having this problem?

• Advertisement

Strange one so.One the update front im on a vista home prem 64 bit
    got it 28-12-08
    auto updates turned off the last update was KB 958690 on 23-03-09
    unstall is ok so far maybe it is a later update after this one?

I am on vista home prem 32 bit.
    Using Perfect uninstaller I can force uninstall.
    Its still a pain though.

Vista service pack 2 fixes this issue if anyone s interested..

Advertisement