Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for no real reason

Options
  • 16-05-2009 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Hi,

'Terry' the mod on after hours banned me for calling someone a "dickhead" in response to a post that quite frankly deserved it....

Can this be overturn? I think you will find that this reply was justified...

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you provide link please. Log out to view banned forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

I logged out and back in, but still can't access the forum :( the thread was something with payslip in it, very recent....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b here :( here is the thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055565542

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It doesn't matter whether you feel it "deserved" it, you don't hurl abuse at another poster.

If you have a point to make, make it in a civil manner. If you have a problem with another post, report it to the Moderators. I don't think a short term ban is completely out of place, but you could always try speaking to the Mod in question and see if they are feeling inclined to lessen it on the promise of future good behaviour.

That's their call though.

Advertisement