Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours

Options
  • 16-05-2009 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Back here twice in 2 days d'oh, I've been banned by the
    mod Terry from After Hours.

Firstly, I receive personal abuse from him. Secondly he
    bans me after giving out personal abuse. He clearly just
    doesn't agree with me.

The thread is the one about the armed robbery.

From this post on should cover it:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60265690&postcount=119

Seems quite ridiculous and petty. Taking a quick look, this guy has
    been handing out bans like it's a hobby with some extremely questionable posts
    of his own being posted. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is this about the 'STFU' comment? I see that as the mod telling specific users to cease discussion on that particular topic unless within charter of forum and topic of thread. And when you came back to post you say you gave out personal abuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

Ok fine. Maybe I'm not au fait with Shut The **** Up repeated over and over again not being abuse but the ban is completely unwarranted.

He banned you after you gave out abuse on the thread or he banned you after he gave out abuse to you on the thread?

Gordon wrote: »
    He banned you after you gave out abuse on the thread or he banned you after he gave out abuse to you on the thread?

I didn't give out any abuse. I was banned for "trolling". Along with 2 others. We all happen to share a similar viewpoint. Other questionable posts that agree with Terry's viewpoint were all let slide.

I was engaging honestly in discussion without personal abuse or racism. I was told to "Shut the **** up", then banned.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60266178&postcount=131

Can anybody take a look at this when they get a chance. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Have you PMd Terry about this?

What would be the point. He hands out bans for "trolling" seeming randomly. Listen, it's not that important, I just thought where there's a clear case of a mod acting strangely and randomly in handing out bans there would be some come back on it. Obviously not. In my opinion the mod is a bit of a fool. Forget about it.

Advertisement