Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what;s the best dvd player out there

• 16-05-2009 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi.
    I have 3 dvd players, none of which totally satisfy me.
    So I'm looking for one that does the following,
    video
    if you turn the player off,and on the next day, it should continue from where it was turned off.
    It should be able to play avi and mpeg files off cds or dvds of any type eg dvd-r, dvd+r,cd-r,cd+r
    it should be able to fast forward or back when playing avi or mpeg.
    audio
    it should be able to play mp3s off a cd or dvd off whether the disc be dvd-r, dvd+r,cd+r, cd-r etc etc
    it should be able to play any bitrate of mp3 with good volume quality. (one of the players i have (philips 33io ) plays audio recorded at low bitrates) at low volume ie even when tv volume is turned up to full, the sound is still low.
    it should be able to fast forward or back on an mp3 file
    it should be able to display a good amount of information, not only on the mp3 track I'm listening to, but also others on display, so if i want to go to a particular track, i only know by name, i can see which track it is by the title.
    It should be abe to make the bed, hoover the floor, accurately predict next week's weather, and cure male pattern baldness. Okay, i jest, i guess I can hoover the floor myself :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

IMO a dvd player having none of those features would make that dvd player the best out there.

I recommend you buy yourself a media player for playing media, and leaving the dvd player to do just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What you want is media PC not a DVD. End of problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

I havent read all your requirements but a Playstation 3 remembers the place you stopped when you turn it off and it plays avi files!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

yeah that works. if you're tighter with money the Xbox 360 does that too. just click "resume" movie instead of "start"

Advertisement