Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildlife Photography Workshop - Any recommendations?

• 16-05-2009 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

Would love to improve my skills in wildlife photography. Can anybody recommend a wildlife photography workshop in Ireland I could do?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

mike brown

one of the best know nature photographers in the country does workshops

www.mikebrownphotography.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭steelydan99

Went on one of Mike Brown's workshops last year in Clonakility. It was a one day workshop and only 3 of us were one it (think they are designed for 6).

I know many people give out about the price, but the information i learned from the workshop and having a one to one with the best Wildlife Photographers in Ireland was priceless.

Started at 9am General gear talk
    10am went into one of Mike's Hides for photographing Birds st various feeders, 2 stayed there and one went with Mike for a one to one sessions on set-ups for different situations, there you could ask all the questions you needed to know.(swapping around until everyone got a turn)

12noon went to Roscarberry to photograph Birds in Flight ( using Mike 600mm Lens, if you wanted...Of course I did)

2pm Lunch at the Hotel Celtic Ross ( i think) included in workshop fee

330pm went to a nearby wooded area to do some macro work

5pm Headed out to Galley Head , it was very misty and hazy so headed back inland to do more macro work

7pm noticed that the sky was turning pink so headed to Ownahincha beach to catch the sunset, never seen a sky like it.

9pm back to Mike's gallery to review the day

During the day we were shown how mike converts his images and his workflow on his computer, this was also given to us on DVD in pdf format.

As you can see it was a full day and to me ,well worth it

Some people spend money on drink, some spend it on horses. I thought i spent it on a luxury i enjoyed and gained from it.I still take Crap photos but at least i know 50% where i went wrong

He has a weekend workshop on the saltee Islands on June 12th 13th and 14th cost is €695 ( that was according to an email in feb ) thats fully inclusive of accommodation breakfast and dinners

The next ones after that are Killarney in Oct

Advertisement