Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway 'snacks' - TOO HOT !!

• 16-05-2009 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

On 2 occasions in 2 different Subway shops I've ordered their new Pepperoni Pizza and on both occasions I've scalded my tongue:P and fingers with the hot sauce - there has to be something wrong with their cooking procedeure ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Pizza straight out of an oven is going to be hot, no surprise there. Wait for it to cool down a bit...and scalding yourself a second time, did you not learn from the first time? It's not hard to figure out really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 liz51

+1 wait for it to cool lol :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

If the pizza was under cooked or charred then I would question their cooking method... Hot pizza = good tbh.. you'd be giving out if it was too cold.. Next time ask them to blow on for you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cheese & pepperoni are loaded with fat which gets up to and retains the very high temps for a good while. Also proper pizza ovens tend to be a lot hotter than your kitchen oven. If it comes in a normal pizza box you can open & close the lid to fan it down to cool it. If I am really hungry and cannot wait I sometimes get a slice and put it top side down onto a cold plate to cool it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

I think op is talking about the piquancy of the chilli sauce and the pepperoni itself other than the temp of the pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

mmm.....pizza

and one thing I've never been able to do or understand is how do people eat cold pizza!!!???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I think op is talking about the piquancy of the chilli sauce and the pepperoni itself other than the temp of the pizza.

No he said scalded so unless he has no concept of what that word means, he is talking about the temperature.
    As someone else said, the fat/oil retains the heat. Wait for it to cool in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

:eek:
    Saruman wrote: »
    No he said scalded so unless he has no concept of what that word means, he is talking about the temperature.
    As someone else said, the fat/oil retains the heat. Wait for it to cool in future.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

fool me once shame on you,
    fool me twice shame on me.

Advertisement