Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia e51

• 16-05-2009 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

lads just bought a e51 on vodafone i got it unlocked and im useing it on metor no probles but in the menu and when i turn it on still says vodfone
    is there a way i can turn it off? cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can try change display settings first.

Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Personalisation > Display and scroll down to the Welcome Note.

Give yous default, Text or image option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Just reflash it with generic firmware using nss

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Similar-ish problem.

Just got this phone and wondering is there any way of getting rid of all the icons/links from the main screen.

Especially the list of: calendar icon/internet connection/etc.
    And if the icons across the top could go to that would be great.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Go into display and turn off active standby and all these items should disappear for you. You can change the apps and what other info is displayed. I found once you get used to it that particular display is very useful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

RodVelvet wrote: »
    Go into display and turn off active standby and all these items should disappear for you. You can change the apps and what other info is displayed. I found once you get used to it that particular display is very useful.

All i have in display are:
    Light Sensor,
    Font Size,
    Power saver
    Welcome Note
    Light time-out.

Or is there anoter Display somewhere?

/ignore - i found it thanks !

lordgoat wrote: »
    Or is there anoter Display somewhere?

/ignore - i found it thanks !

For others:

Menu > Tools > Settings > General> Standby mode > Active standby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Hi,i was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the nokia e51 has the opera mini app,i'm thinking of buying the e51 tomorrow but if it does'nt have the opera mini installed i wont purchase the e51...so help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

iguy wrote: »
    Hi,i was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the nokia e51 has the opera mini app,i'm thinking of buying the e51 tomorrow but if it does'nt have the opera mini installed i wont purchase the e51...so help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
    It doesn't come pre-installed, but it can be installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Debranding is the only way to completely get rid of this ****e. my E63 had a "3" logo and GSM-only mode disabled before debranding

• Advertisement

iguy wrote: »

Just download it from here: http://www.opera.com/mini/download/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Thanks for the help guys...

Advertisement