Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mitsubishi pajaro overheating

• 16-05-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

hi i have a mitsubishi pajaro 1997 2.8 TD . the engine model is the 4M40 . Recently the temparture gauge shoots up to the top and then goes back to normal in a matter of seconds it gets more frequent when the needle goes up the jeep looses power and when the needle goes back to nomal the jeep runs perfect . . there was a new head gasket , radiator thermostat and coolant sensor switch installed and yet the problem still exists ..

any help would be appriciated !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Could be an Airlock?
    Have you checked all the pipework, squeezed it with the rad cap off and engine coolish? See if you can make it burp.
    Thats what it sounds like to me, some engines are notoriously difficult to get air out of.
    Try running the heater on full at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

dodgy thermostat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 YourCourier.ie

Remove (leave out) the thermostat for a while and see if it stops. Get to the bottom of it quick though or you'll end up shopping at Milners!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

Is it overheating for definite or just thinks it is?
    I had a car once where the temp gauge would shoot from normal to hot in a matter of seconds and the car would cut out, supposedly as a safety precaution - the fault was intemittent and electrical. Literally, ignition off/on again and the car would start, temp gauge be normal and drive on as if nothing happened.

I don't know how you'd go about determining if it is an elecrical issue as opposed to mechanical. I never fixed it in the car I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 donkey do's

if its building pressure in the system itcould be a crack in one of the liners,, 2.8 were prone to this

• Advertisement
Advertisement