Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No video or audio from Xbox, but no red lights, controller seemingly connecting...

• 16-05-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Ok, so awhile back I had an RROD and MS sent me a replacement... I've since purchased a Jasper Elite and been using that mostly but thought I'd set up my older one as well as it could be wired to my router for downloading demos, etc - I hadn't used it in about a month. Anyway, hooked it up and it boots up fine, green light, shows my one connected controller... But no audio or video. I tried a VGA cable and component, no joy. I've been googling around, as I don't mind opening it up to take a look, but I can't get any decent results. Most links are either people moaning about having that problem or fixes for the RROD. Anyone have any ideas what I should be looking for? F***ing MS lists that I am OOW even for the RROD issue (which I guess is the case, since this Xbox replaced my launch one when it RRODed).

I'm not terribly broken up about it, but it'd be nice to have the spare Xbox in the other room... Anyone who fixes these kinds of problems OOW?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

This may seem like a stupid suggestion, but it happens. Check the back of your TV to make sure it's pushed in right, and check your Xbox too. A loose cable could be causing it. Although I presume you've checked that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Thanks, but yes, I tried two different cables (VGA and component/composite) and tested it on both a TV and a projector. It's definitely the Xbox and not a loose external cable connection or the display device...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Hi,
    basically the fix would be similar to rrod fix (reflow and xclamp replacement). If you want I can do it for you. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Cheers Docentore, I'll send you a PM now.

Advertisement