Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kyle laugherty

• 16-05-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

blatant cheating in the rankers aberdeen game there. had a staring match with charlie mulgrew and went down as if he had been shot. DISGRACEFUL CHEATING, NO MORE NO LESS.

deserves to be banned and fined IMO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,354 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Lafferty should have been booked for that tackle anyway.

Absolutely blatant cheating and then he winks to the bench - sounds like this was the game plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Completely agree. Disgusting behavious IMO, and i have no doubt the opinion of the VAST MAJORITY OF BEARS.

Typically though, weve been ****e since then.

Looks like the linesmans just evened things up there though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

the ref's just evened it up, boughera sent off for rangers

Aberdeen yo win this 1-0, the title to go to parkhead tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Eirebear wrote: »
    Aberdeen yo win this 1-0, the title to go to parkhead tomorrow.
    good shout, we'll have it hard tomoro though, no doubt about it. not been a happy hunting ground for us up there in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

thats embarrasing tbh .blatant cheating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Thats absolutely terrible, hopefully he does get a ban. But is this really worse than someone like Drogba or Ronaldo who dives from someone putting in an innocent tackle with no contact? At least in this instance, the other guy was squaring upto him anyway, so hardly innocent. Not defending the lad for a minute, but I don't think this is as bad as the Drogbaesque stuff we see on a weekly basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What a cheat.

The thread title is genius too, well done OP :)

It is worse...especially considering its lafferty who put HIS head in.

1-0 OG from an aberdeen player....20 minutes to score 4 more :pac:

• Advertisement

2-0....20 minutes to score 3 more :p

Eirebear wrote: »
    It is worse...especially considering its lafferty who put HIS head in.

1-0 OG from an aberdeen player....20 minutes to score 4 more :pac:

They both put their head in. Its a disgusting thing to do, but its no worse than the disgusting things we see on a weekly basis.

Do those disgusting things you see on a weekly basis result in a player getting sent off?

DSB wrote: »
    They both put their head in. Its a disgusting thing to do, but its no worse than the disgusting things we see on a weekly basis.

TBH i dont understand how the linesman missed it in all honesty.

Thats why i think he got involved in the Bougherra incident.

Do those disgusting things you see on a weekly basis result in a player getting sent off?

Regularly, the player innocently tackling can quite often be the last man. At least the good thing to come out of this, is Lafferty will never be given the benefit of the doubt by refs ever again.

2-1....15 minutes to get 4...:(

Bizzarre game, 3 points not good enough after losing that stupid stupid goal.

C'mon the Hibees (i hate saying that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Rangers were 2-0 up and still coulndt get the ball down and play.

The SFA should come down hard on the lanky fella. What a fanny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What an absolute cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Disgrace. If the SFA have anything about them, he'll receive a nice lengthy ban. 10 games should do the trick. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Its wrong but be honest, would you not want to gain any advantage possible in such a close title race?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Its wrong but be honest, would you not want to gain any advantage possible in such a close title race?

Absolutely not, I would never want a player in a team I supported or played with to cheat in order to infulence the result of a game. It's a sport and should be played with a sportsmanlike attitude, theres no place for gamesmanship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont. I have criticised any Liverpool player in the match threads and the superthread when the have dived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

No as a Rangers fan of many years I was disgusted by his actions are were the majority of Gers fans I have spoken to.

If we bring the game down to this level and accept it we are as well just shutting up shop

You mean cheat to get the title? No thanks

Being part of a team in general I know the importance of a win, not to menion a Scottish title that can lead to a Champion's League qualification match.

Sorry if the truth hurts but this is the real world. Look at all the diving in football. It is now a part of the sport. It wins matches unfortunately and it won't change soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Being part of a team in general I know the importance of a win, not to menion a Scottish title that can lead to a Champion's League qualification match.

Sorry if the truth hurts but this is the real world. Look at all the diving in football. It is now a part of the sport. It wins matches unfortunately and it won't change soon

theres diving and diving that today was an embarrassment to the Club and majority of Rangers fans.

P.S. if thats your attitude I would not want you in any team of mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭28064212

There is a huge difference between someone going down easily under an ill-advised challenge to gain a free or penalty for your team, and taking such a blatant dive for no other reason than to get a player of the opposing team sent off. It is an absolutely disgusting thing to have done, and the SPL should come down hard on him

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

theres diving and diving that today was an embarrassment to the Club and majority of Rangers fans.

P.S. if thats your attitude I would not want you in any team of mine
    Thats because you want to think that all players are fair and doing what is best for the sport. That doesn't happen nowadays and the most predatorious will be the most sucessful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement