Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to cancel existing Broadband?

Options
  • 16-05-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

I've just signed up with BT to switch my broadband from UTV. So my question is when should I cancel the UTV broadband to ensure the minnimum amount of time without broadband?

Does anyone know if you cancel with UTV whether they cancel your service immediately or not? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If you cancel UTV before you're live with BT you're guaranteed at least 2 weeks of downtime. The transfer to BT will automatically cancel your UTV broadband and you'll have no downtime.
    What it won't cancel is your payment to UTV. When you're live with BT contact UTV and cancel your payment.
    Depending when you joined UTV there may be a cancellation fee (~€30 I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think you do cancel it, it should happen automatically when BT take over. If you cancel, it could hold up the transfer process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Thanks lads. I'll wait until BT is up and running and then contact UTV to cancel the payment. I've been with UTV for 3 or 4 years so hopefully I won't be charged the 30 euro cancellation fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll need to see your original terms and conditions to know that, as UTV have had that charge for quite a while now.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://new.utvinternet.com/Residential/ClicksilverBroadband/legal_information.asp

As kaisersoze said, it's €30 to cancel after 6 months (€29.99 to be precise).

They also want 30 days notice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement