Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dermal punch conch

Options
  • 16-05-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Seriously thinking about getting a 6 or 8 mm punch in conch..... if i get this done i plan on going to snake bite or bodyshock.

main question is , is this completely permanent if jewelry is removed will the punched hole heal or is this a mod for life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Tissue gets removed, so it won't grow back specially if you go at 8mm. If you take it out while it's healing it may grow over but the hole will always be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ugliest

I had a 4mm conch punch that didn't work out, but it grew over again perfectly. They do actually cut a little disc of your ear out, which'll never grow back and I'm pretty sure I was just ridiculously lucky my ear looked completely normal after. Once it's healed, the odds of it growing over a pretty slim and 8mm is a fairly noticeable chunk you'll be missing..

The visual difference between 6 and 8mm is huge too, keep that in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I was in Snakebite a week ago and he biopsy-punched the holes for my scaffold - only to two mm, but it was still bvery interesting:) anyhoo, while we were waiting for the bleeding to stop (45 mins, in case you were wondering) I asked him about the larger gauge punches, and he said that the skin grows back over them pretty quickly. The cartilage doesn't regrow, but unless there's a light shining directly behind you, it's very hard to tell the hole was ever there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I've just had both mine punched to 8mm's it's probably worth asking if people have much experience with it but Snakebite and Bodyshock probably have the most with punched stuff alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

also how much should it cost

Regular pricing for a conch piercing... nothing stopping you to calling into places or researching yourself using google :-/

Advertisement