Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United - Premiership Champions 08/09

• 16-05-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Absolutely Delighted with this , 11 Titles for Fergie, 18 Titles overall, Joint best in England, Amazing year and day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Congrats ye langers!

18_7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

well that didnt take long...

lol you cant even enjoy your victory without referencing the pool. small club.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You'll never walk alone as we now have 18 too.

GET F UCKING IN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

congratulations.

that is all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Congratulations to United, I hope you all enjoy this day. A well deserved title, I think they are all deserved. Gutted that you have matched our 18, but at least we gave you a run for it this year. An amazing achievement to pull in that many titles in a short space of time, credit to the manager, unbelievable longevity.

Slag off Liverpool all you want, we are still a great club, and live to fight another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chong wrote: »
    LIVERPOOL
    joint best.

Indeed :)

See you next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,309 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

good to see united fans measuring themselves against the yardstick;)

we still have more european cups and you havent overtaken us on the leagues yet,

good to see gracious victory tho :rolleyes:

ynwa5stars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's something about that Fergie chap you have to admire.

Next year it'll be even closer!

mike65 wrote: »

See you next season!

+1

mike65 wrote: »

See you next season!

Next season! HAHAHAHAHHA I've been hearing that for 10 years. meh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Congrats lads.
    ye'll always walk alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cyrus wrote: »
    good to see united fans measuring themselves against the yardstick;)

we still have more european cups and you havent overtaken us on the leagues yet,

good to see gracious victory tho :rolleyes:

Good to see gracious losers to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It's a sweet feeling being champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This thread has cheered me up for some reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good to see gracious losers to be honest.

Look in this and the arsenal game thread many have been gracious in defeat.
    You say losers so i take it you direct that at all Pool fans.
    If so then open your fcuking eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

ARE YOU WATCHIN MERSEYSIDE??

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

SWEET AS A FCUKIN NUT!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

deisedevil wrote: »

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

SWEET AS A FCUKIN NUT!!

This is Ireland...

Well done though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Chong wrote: »
    GET THE FUDGE IN AND TAKE THAT LIVERPOOL GET IN

18 TIMES no longer the best , joint best.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    You'll never walk alone as we now have 18 too.

GET F UCKING IN

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

SWEET AS A FCUKIN NUT!!

Sad.

I have to say, I was a bit gutted at the final whistle today, but seeing this thread has slightly warmed my cockles.

I hope that when we see Gerrard hoisting the Premier League trophy above his head, I am more gracious in victory than some people here, and spend more time talking about how the victory makes me feel about Liverpool than how it makes me feel about any other teams in the league!

As I said earlier, congratulations, an amazing achievement (the 18), and a deserved title this time around.

why is it when united fans win the league the first thing they do is refernence liverpool?

enjoy your moment lads.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

sad cases, sitting on the internet as your team has just won the league. Get some fresh air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This thread has cheered me up for some reason.

Yeah, lol. Stay classy, Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Everyone falls over themselves to call each other sad/small time.
    You really gotta wondering what the rest of us are thinking.

Champions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

DrumSteve wrote: »
    well that didnt take long...

lol you cant even enjoy your victory without referencing the pool. small club.

10 league titles in the past 20 years, and you're calling them a small club? Maybe you'd have a case if you said them referencing the pool is 'small time', but to call them a small club is laugable...

Lol @ people posting Liverpool banners tbh... That's pretty small time too...

Fair play to United, not the most entertaining Utd team of the past 10 years. I enjoyed Liverpool much more this season, and were hoping they would win the title, nevertheless, clinical and performed when it really mattered. Deserved league champions.

and it starts

lolz

Not a realistic comment at all tbh. We normally never had a group of players like we do now.

Well done United anyway.

This is the first time in the PL years we've been any way near the best so IMHO with the addition of Barry which looks certain it will be very very close next year.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    why is it when united fans win the league the first thing they do is refernence liverpool?

Er that should be self evident to be fair.

eZe^ wrote: »
    10 league titles in the past 20 years, and you're calling them a small club? Maybe you'd have a case if you said them referencing the pool is 'small time', but to call them a small club is laugable...

Lol @ people posting Liverpool banners tbh... That's pretty small time too...

Fair play to United, not the most entertaining Utd team of the past 10 years. I enjoyed Liverpool much more this season, and were hoping they would win the title, nevertheless, clinical and performed when it really mattered. Deserved league champions.

maybe small-time might have been better. why does the first post references liverpool? if we won the league i wouldnt give a **** about united.

Not a realistic comment at all tbh. We normally never had a group of players like we do now.

Well done United anyway.

This is the first time in the PL years we've been any way near the best so IMHO with the addition of Barry which looks certain it will be very very close next year.

I'm just bored of hearing it that's all.

Hopefully you won't have to hear it for too much longer ;)

Fair enough.

I do know where you are coming from though. We do have the odd idiot in our ranks :p .

One thing that upsets me though gents. No PL for the summer or anything :( . No excuse to get wasted at the weekend. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Champions!!

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Sad.

No delighted in fact. If it was the other way around what would you have expected.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Between this and The Rugby - what a year.

*world club champions people..... WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS!*

cause we are the champions of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Glad to see Man U fans are as gracious as ever.:pac:

Congrats Man U, fact is that you will potentially finish on 90 points. Amazing achievement and well done.

One can only look forward to a day when the original post in this thread would have gone something like:

"Champions! 3 in a row a tremendous achievement to Ferguson and the squad. Congrats to Liverpool for giving it a go and making the last couple of months exciting. We hung on in the end though, and showed a lot of determination to see out the wobble and grind out the results necessary. Been great at the back this year, and credit has to go out to the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher and Park who have been awesome when involved. The squad depth this year is arguably the best it's ever been, and we probably deserve it for being the most complete top to bottom team in the league.

Now, to celebrate!!! Let's go Barca - one time for all the loot!! :)"

I'm asking far too much aren't I? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    One can only look forward to a day when the original post in this thread would have gone something like:

"Champions! 3 in a row a tremendous achievement to Ferguson and the squad. Congrats to Liverpool for giving it a go and making the last couple of months exciting. We hung on in the end, and showed a lot of determination to see out the wobble and grind out the results necessary. Been great at the back this year, and credit has to go out to the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher and Park who have been awesome when involved. The squad depth this year is arguably the best it's ever been.

Now, to celebrate!!! Let's go Barca - one time for all the loot!! :)"

I'm asking far too much aren't I? :rolleyes:

Yeah.

If you think for one second that had Liverpool won the title there wouldn't have been a thread along the lines of "19-17 - Back in your box!" or something like that, you are insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No delighted in fact. If it was the other way around what would you have expected.

As some already pointed out if Liverpool won the league I wouldnt be running around like a sad little tosser mouthing off about United, I wouldnt give a toss about them I'd be enjoying the moment of winning a league. You hear people say how some people get more enjoyment slagging off another team rather then supporting their own and it really shows who those people are in this thread.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fair enough.

I do know where you are coming from though. We do have the odd idiot in our ranks :p .

One thing that upsets me though gents. No PL for the summer or anything :( . No excuse to get wasted at the weekend. :(

No Footie for a while, (well, after the champions league)

But dont forget the
    2009 British and Irish Lions tour to South Africa

starts 2 weeks from today

Fact remains, if it was the other way round and if the reaction was the same it would be just as sad. ;)

LuckyLloyd if say Liverpool won next season, I'd be waving my willie in the face of the internet and suggesting Fergie will die trying to get past Liverpool.

But thats just me (in 12 months time)! :pac:

Yeah.

If you think for one second that had Liverpool won the title there wouldn't have been a thread along the lines of "19-17 - Back in your box!" or something like that, you are insane.

And I'd be shaking my head at it just the same! ;)

Lets not forget, pool fans, there are a lot of United fans on this site and NOT all of them have been banging on about Liverpool. so don't forget that and try and make out that United fans can only harp on about Liverpool, regardless of how that might help you dismiss United fans in general.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fact remains, if it was the other way round and if the reaction was the same it would be just as sad. ;)

Get down off your high horse! The reaction would have been 10 times what it was here. It's great to beat our rivals in such a close race and we are going to comment on that! Get over it. United fans have to listen to plenty of crap every time they lose throughout the season. Where were you then with your holier than thou attitude! Where were you when we were being told QUADRUPLE ME ARSE or when Pool fans were putting the boot in when we lost 4 -1. Be consistent or stfu!

U-N-I-T-E-D!!!

No Footie for a while, (well, after the champions league)

But dont forget the
    2009 British and Irish Lions tour to South Africa

starts 2 weeks from today

Yeah but that is on EARLY Joe.

I am not a total alco :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Why can UTD fans win graciously? It is not the team most neutrals hate but the band wagon of support that know F all about football, the ones wearing their shirts down the pub roaring at TV's at players they have never seen in the flesh.

Rant over. Well done UTD on a great achievment in equalling Liverpool's record.

• Advertisement
Advertisement