Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United - Premiership Champions 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Lets not forget, pool fans, there are a lot of United fans on this site and NOT all of them have been banging on about Liverpool. so don't forget that and try and make out that United fans can only harp on about Liverpool, regardless of how that might help you dismiss United fans in general.

Yeah you're right, but lets face it, Irish United fans are for the most part a joke. The amount of posters we're going to get in here who've probably watched a total of less than 10 games this season, is going to be higher than the amount of average games watched by Irish United supporters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lets not forget, pool fans, there are a lot of United fans on this site and NOT all of them have been banging on about Liverpool. so don't forget that and try and make out that United fans can only harp on about Liverpool, regardless of how that might help you dismiss United fans in general.

I find it bizzare reading that after you said this earlier
    Good to see gracious losers to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And I'd be shaking my head at it just the same! ;)

Shaking your head maybe but I guarentee you wouldn't have been posting your disgust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

deisedevil wrote: »
    Get down off your high horse! The reaction would have been 10 times what it was here. It's great to beat our rivals in such a close race and we are going to comment on that! Get over it. United fans have to listen to plenty of crap every time they lose throughout the season. Where were you then with your holier than thou attitude! Where were you when we were being told QUADRUPLE ME ARSE or when Pool fans were putting the boot in when we lost 4 -1. Be consistent or stfu!

U-N-I-T-E-D!!!

I'd stand by my posting history over the course of this season in the context of my comments in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thegen wrote: »
    Why can UTD fans win graciously? It is not the team most neutrals hate but the band wagon of support that know F all about football, the ones wearing their shirts down the pub roaring at TV's at players they have never seen in the flesh.

Rant over. Well done UTD on a great achievment in equalling Liverpool's record.

Ah, does generalising and lumping all United fans into one group make you feel better?

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Shaking your head maybe but I guarentee you wouldn't have been posting your disgust.

Maybe not, you probably would be though! ;)

Ah, does generalising and lumping all United fans into one group make you feel better?

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

Jees i find this even more bizzare after you said this earlier :)
    Good to see gracious losers to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

I rest my case. No class;)

I'd stand by my posting history over the course of this season in the context of my comments in this thread.

I've taken it as much as I've given it over the year. I like a bit of banter.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I find it bizzare reading that after you said this earlier

A sarcastic response to Cyrus's post having a pop. as in he was slagging United for not being gracious winners, while he was being a sore loser.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No trophies.

A sarcastic response to Cyrus's post having a pop. as in he was slagging United for not being gracious winners, while he was being a sore loser.

But you did say losers and not loser :)

what the hell are you talking about. I called you on your gross generalising.

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

Dcully wrote: »
    But you did say losers and not loser :)

Because I was talking about 1 person, I didn't want to generalize. Unlike some of your teams posters in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Fans give other fans stick when one team wins and the other doesnt. Whats the big deal about?

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No Footie for a while, (well, after the champions league)

There's plenty tbh, there's the League of Ireland or for the majority of you's who like your football dished up on a tv you's have A-League, Allsvenskan, Chinese Super League, Major League Soccer, Meistriliiga, New Zealand Football Championship, Norwegian Premier League, Russian Premier League, J. League, Úrvalsdeild, Veikkausliiga and W-League (Australia). Plenty of leagues that go through the summer months there.;)
    CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

I
    FacePalm.jpg
    for this thread

This thread reminds me so much why I can't stand barstoolers, how theres a Manchester United fan sitting on an internet forum right now, I have no idea. I don't think I'd return home for days if Shels got promoted.

Maybe not, you probably would be though! ;)

Yes I would, your right, I'd have been disugsted at losing but would never say a word to anyone for celebrating a win. Pool fans would have come down heavy on Man Utd fans and we'd have had to take it and I would have done as I have when we were spanked 4 - 1.

What I can't stand is lets say a City fan celebrating Everton beating Man Utd and slagging off Man U fans because of it. Nothing wrong with celebrating putting one over on your rivals and levelling up 18 - 18.

lordgoat wrote: »
    No trophies.

Who?

And here come the LOI troopers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Yeah but that is on EARLY Joe.

I am not a total alco :p

Earlierst match is on at 2pm

South africa is only and hour ahead of us

A7X wrote: »
    And here come the LOI troopers

Here comes the lad whose team just won the league, and hes on the internet posting about it, must be a very monumental time in your life I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well done United and Ferguson, remarkable achievement the double treble.

The game was a bit laboured, completely understandable considering United played 3 in a week.

Result was massive, B team to Hull and all focus on the pound for pound world heavyweight championship in a week and a half.

Good days, great days ahead. :pac:

DSB wrote: »
    Here comes the lad whose team just won the league, and hes on the internet posting about it, must be a very monumental time in your life I imagine.

I have my reasons for not being able to go to manchester for this, all of which I don't need to explain to you.

Also, Tonight is when I'll be celebrating this. So give up with the digs and live and let live.

Earlierst match is on at 2pm

South africa is only and hour ahead of us

RESULT!

I have my reasons for not being able to go to manchester for this, all of which I don't need to explain to you.

Also, Tonight is when I'll be celebrating this. So give up with the digs and live and let live.

I never ever mentioned Manchester. But the internet of all places?

This can go down with all the great all-time questions:

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MAN LANDED ON THE MOON?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE 9/11 ATROCITIES TOOK PLACE?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MAN UNITED WON THE 08/09 PREMIERSIHP TITLE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

BREAKING NEWS

ERIC CANTONA

has just announced a concert next week in Liverpool
    Tickets on sale soon

:pac::pac:

what the hell are you talking about. I called you on your gross generalising.

CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!

I called of your use of caps;)

I did congratulate UTD on winning. It is not a generalisation. I did point out the muppets who go down the pub in their jersey when most likely they have never kicked a ball in their life and get their understanding of the game from watching Sky Sports.

I never ever mentioned Manchester. But the internet of all places?

This can go down with all the great all-time questions:

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MAN LANDED ON THE MOON?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE 9/11 ATROCITIES TOOK PLACE?

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MAN UNITED WON THE 08/09 PREMIERSIHP TITLE?

I really don't get what your problem is. I'd be doing the same thing I'm doing now, regardless of being on the Internet or not, watching the aftermath of the match on the tele.

I really don't get what your problem is. I'd be doing the same thing I'm doing now, regardless of being on the Internet or not, watching the aftermath of the match on the tele.

Thats kinda the problem in itself. Most people generally don't celebrate the things that matter most to them at home on the couch. Oh wait, you're going out on a Saturday night to celebrate it, you diehard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Just to say - congratz to United. Yea may not have played the most electrifying football, but yea were scarily effective and efficient and thats what counts.

Winning the league title 3 years on the trot and in with a good chance of retaining the European Cup. A great achievement...and one that makes me very sad :(
    Thats kinda the problem in itself. Most people generally don't celebrate the things that matter most to them at home on the couch. Oh wait, you're going out on a Saturday night to celebrate it, you diehard.

pfft. Leave it out - its embarrassing.

Eh i'd much rather watch a match on my own on the couch, than be stuck in the pub with a shower of numpties. Infact your comments are making my celebratory cup of tea and crunchie so sweet.

MMMmmmmmmmmm can you taste it? mmmmmm it's oh so sweeeeeettttttt

Im well aware you can't celebrate it properly at home on the couch, which brings me back to saying that I couldnt go to manchester, which whether you like to deny or not is what you were getting at without specifically saying it.

What do you want me to say? You'd give out if I didnt celebrate it at all!

Im well aware you can't celebrate it properly at home on the couch, which brings me back to saying that I couldnt go to manchester, which whether you like to deny or not is what you were getting at without specifically saying it.

What do you want me to say? You'd give out if I didnt celebrate it at all!

Haha you can't celebrate it at all at home on the couch. Not just properly. And to that guy referring to his beautiful tea and crunchie, I think you have me down as a bitter Liverpool fan, I'm not, just shocked at the amount of United fans posting on the internet right now. Its like rubbing it in to Liverpool fans is more important than the occasion itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Who cares how people celebrate a victory? Jaysus, lads, you're extremely petty sometimes.

Tusky wrote: »
    pfft. Leave it out - its embarrassing.

It is, but not for me.

Look at you making assumptions about situations you can't possibly know anything about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Delighted..well done to all the players and staff ye deserve it.. well done to liverpool they gave a great challenge looking forward to next years battle already, i think it could be even closer again next year especially if both teams can keep up their current form they're both playin uneal..(actually hopefully liverpool form will dip a bit they're lookin a bit too good for my liking lately)

hopefully now we can go to rome and win the C.L...
    Well done United!!!!!!happy days

Look at you making assumptions about situations you can't possibly know anything about.

What assumption have I made? Everything I've said there is taken directly from what the lad said, no assumptions.

• Advertisement

Its like rubbing it in to Liverpool fans is more important than the occasion itself.

Rubbish, it just adds to the occasion.

Haha you can't celebrate it at all at home on the couch. Not just properly. And to that guy referring to his beautiful tea and crunchie, I think you have me down as a bitter Liverpool fan, I'm not, just shocked at the amount of United fans posting on the internet right now. Its like rubbing it in to Liverpool fans is more important than the occasion itself.

I think all the houses around me heard that yes I can celebrate United winning the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Champions! 3 in a row a tremendous achievement to Ferguson and the squad. Congrats to Liverpool for giving it a go and making the last couple of months exciting. We hung on in the end though, and showed a lot of determination to see out the wobble and grind out the results necessary. Been great at the back this year, and credit has to go out to the likes of O'Shea, Fletcher and Park who have been awesome when involved. The squad depth this year is arguably the best it's ever been, and we probably deserve it for being the most complete top to bottom team in the league.

Now, to celebrate!!! Let's go Barca - one time for all the loot!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

IT's Fact not Fahct

I think all the houses around me heard that yes I can celebrate United winning the title.

Hahaha. Ok, you diehard.

What assumption have I made? Everything I've said there is taken directly from what the lad said, no assumptions.

Your assuming that because he is on the internet that he is less of a fan than anyone else. You don't know why he's on the internet and not in Manchester or at a pub with the rest celebrating. It doesn't matter a jot that he's on here posting.

All this bitching about how someone celebrates a win and where they are or what they are doing when they celebrate, what's the point of it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Another undeserved title for Manchester United

At least six of their recent (1993 onwards) titles have been a fluke.

They get the benefit of biased referees.
    They constantly win games from behind.
    They get lucky breaks.
    They are frequently outplayed but still snatch a draw or victory.
    They are ungracious in defeat.
    Their manager is a monster who plays unnecessary mind games.
    They often make excuses when they lose but won't accept excuses if another team makes them.
    Their supporters are the most arrogant of them all.

Their dominance is ruining football.

Hopefully this title will be their last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Deserved?

Hmmm.. questionable, just like the crazy amount of descions United get year after year.

Alas, Congrats.

The only way i could celebrate it better was if i was in OT. I couldn't give a shi te who you support. My team are just crowned champions today, the third trophy of the season, i applauded each one as the got their medals, i cheered when GN lifted the trophy.

If you think i didn't celebrate this properly gtfo.

My neighbour was singing back to me......

3 down, 1 to go.

Hahaha. Ok, you diehard.

You obviously can't see what I'm trying to say.

You were basically having a go at me for not being there at the match and celebrating properly, or if you consider it to be the way to celebrate properly, in the pub getting pissed at 3 in the afternoon.

Your just having a go at me because Im a supporter of an English team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

BERBARONAROONEVEZ.jpg

Over the moon :) 18, I can't believe it :) Lets stop talking about Liverpool, it really isn't about them anymore :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement