Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United - Premiership Champions 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

lordgoat wrote: »
    i applauded each one as the got their medals, i cheered when GN lifted the trophy.

From your house? Thats hilarious, delusional to the max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Another undeserved title for Manchester United

At least six of their recent (1993 onwards) titles have been a fluke.

They get the benefit of biased referees.
    They constantly win games from behind.
    They get lucky breaks.
    They are frequently outplayed but still snatch a draw or victory.
    They are ungracious in defeat.
    Their manager is a monster who plays unnecessary mind games.
    They often make excuses when they lose but won't accept excuses if another team makes them.
    Their supporters are the most arrogant of them all.

Their dominance is ruining football.

Hopefully this title will be their last.

"Their supporters are the most arrogant of them all." Same is always said about Kilkenny hurling fans. What is it they have in common?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

They get lucky breaks.
    They often make excuses when they lose but won't accept excuses if another team makes them.

I don't know how anyone can have this way of thinking.

By any chance is this a sneak peak at Rafa's next fact sheet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Never a truer word said

A7X wrote: »
    You obviously can't see what I'm trying to say.

You were basically having a go at me for not being there at the match and celebrating properly, or if you consider it to be the way to celebrate properly, in the pub getting pissed at 3 in the afternoon.

Your just having a go at me because Im a supporter of an English team.

Its the being on the internet thing to be honest. I know I don't celebrate the best times of my life on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

DSB wrote: »
    Haha you can't celebrate it at all at home on the couch. Not just properly. And to that guy referring to his beautiful tea and crunchie, I think you have me down as a bitter Liverpool fan, I'm not, just shocked at the amount of United fans posting on the internet right now. Its like rubbing it in to Liverpool fans is more important than the occasion itself.

I think what it comes down to for you is.

If he celebrated in his house - Numpty

If he celebrated on the internet - numpty

If you saw him on the street celebrating - numpty

If you saw him in the pub celebrating - numpty

If you saw him in Manchester celebrating - numpty

If you saw him in Old Trafford celebrating - numpty

what your motive here is that he shouldn't be supporting Man Utd at all. He should be following an Irish club. Stop pretending you are moaning about people being on the internet after their team win a title, we all know what you really are moaning about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

and your sitting on the internet belittling people enjoying themselves.

really, it says a hell of a lot more about you than anyone else.

it's saturday, crack a smile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

deisedevil wrote: »
    "Their supporters are the most arrogant of them all." Same is always said about Kilkenny hurling fans. What is it they have in common?

Cork and Offaly supporters are more arrogant than Kilkenny's.

Cork = evidenced by the strike

Offaly = sit down protest when things don't go their way. Also refused to accept relegation a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

people happy on the internet??? nevaaaaa

Unearthly wrote: »
    I think what it comes down to for you is.

If he celebrated in his house - Numpty

If he celebrated on the internet - numpty

If you saw him on the street celebrating - numpty

If you saw him in the pub celebrating - numpty

If you saw him in Manchester celebrating - numpty

If you saw him in Old Trafford celebrating - numpty

what your motive here is that he shouldn't be supporting Man Utd at all. He should be following an Irish club. Stop pretending you are moaning about people being on the internet after their team win a title, we all know what you really are moaning about.

You're right that I believe people should support their local team, but this aswell is another issue entirely. I'm not pretending anything. Theres levels of numptyism as you like to call it, this is the lowest of the low.

• Advertisement

Its the being on the internet thing to be honest. I know I don't celebrate the best times of my life on the internet.

Ive explained to you why I'm on the internet. Would it make you happier if I wasnt on the internet, talking to other United fans, and just watching the tele?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol @ thread

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I had to wait a while for the first one, so every one after is more and more sweet.

I don't get how it's delusional though. I've supported this team since 1986, i had highs and lows. I know how to enjoy the highs.

A7X wrote: »
    Ive explained to you why I'm on the internet. Would it make you happier if I wasnt on the internet, talking to other United fans, and just watching the tele?

Its not about my happiness at all, but I can't understand why you'd be watching the telly right now either. Your team just won the ****in league.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Latchy wrote: »
    IT's Fact not Fahct

IT's? What have IT's got to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Modesty only becomes those who have nothing to brag about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its not about my happiness at all, but I can't understand why you'd be watching the telly right now either. Your team just won the ****in league.

jesus christ

bully much ?

ntlbell wrote: »
    and your sitting on the internet belittling people enjoying themselves.

really, it says a hell of a lot more about you than anyone else.

it's saturday, crack a smile.

Hahaha I'm off to watch Shels hammer Kildare in a minute, the sitting on the internet thing is just something to do in the meantime. Nothing major has happened for me today, so sitting on the net would be the norm.

why do you give a f*ck what he's doing? why do you feel the need to comment on how he celebrates?

• Advertisement

You're right that I believe people should support their local team, but this aswell is another issue entirely. I'm not pretending anything. Theres levels of numptyism as you like to call it, this is the lowest of the low.

I don't have a local team. I was born into a United family with family ties to Manchester. Your generalising too much and not taking in variables.

Ok then. Tell me exactly what I should be doing?

Headshot wrote: »
    jesus christ

bully much ?
    Are you actually serious?
    why do you give a f*ck what he's doing? why do you feel the need to comment on how he celebrates?

I have my opinion. I can't understand the mindset of people who claim this massive affinity with a club but are sitting on the internet when that club just won what could be claimed to be the biggest competition there is to win.

Tell him what to do then? Your that bothered by his actions then tell him how he should correct them. Educate us all, what should we all do, even though you have no bloody idea why any of us might be online right now and not out celebrating.

Hahaha I'm off to watch Shels hammer Kildare in a minute, the sitting on the internet thing is just something to do in the meantime. Nothing major has happened for me today, so sitting on the net would be the norm.

Your going out to watch a football match that's excellent news, sitting on the net might be the norm for you, but what's the story with sitting on it trying to belittle people enjoying themselves?

you're off to watch the heights of mediocrity

enjoy.

deisedevil wrote: »
    Tell him what to do then? Your that bothered by his actions then tell him how he should correct them. Educate us all, what should we all do, even though you have no bloody idea why any of us might be online right now and not out celebrating.

You just answered the what to do thing with your last couple of words, so I don't need to do that for you. And eh I'm pretty sure this thread full of United fans don't all have more important things to do than celebrate this.

I have my opinion. I can't understand the mindset of people who claim this massive affinity with a club but are sitting on the internet when that club just won what could be claimed to be the biggest competition there is to win.

I can't understand the mindset of a lot of things with people in life

but i learn to get on with people do what they want and it's not up to you to sit here judge and jury and decide what people do is right or wrong

I wouldn't mind if someone had started a thread asking people's opinions.

I don't think anyone asked you.

• Advertisement

Your going out to watch a football match that's excellent news, sitting on the net might be the norm for you, but what's the story with sitting on it trying to belittle people enjoying themselves?

you're off to watch the heights of mediocrity

enjoy.

I'm off to watch a club thats truly mine, who I can truly appreciate the highs and lows of, and when we finally do get back to the Premier, I won't be sitting on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Des wrote: »
    lol @ thread

Completely agree.

You know some of us have the luxury of having a telly beside the computer, therefore working whilst we watch games.

Watching liverpool and united fans go on at each other is absolutely comical. In work, with my mates, its brilliant.

I tend to side with the United fans because of my age, I don't remember liverpool glory days. Fair play to them for giving it a go this year, but I cannot stand much of liverpool of their fans, because they believe they are owed one or something, or they have some right. This is probably the only decent liverpool side that i can remember in the last ten years that actually had a chance. I'd be excited for next year, because the team can still improve alot.

As for United, I've always enjoyed watching them and nothing is ever boring when they are involved ( unlike 80% of liverpool matches i watch).

You know ten years down the line...look back on this thread. You might see maybe Aston Villa romping the league, and United fans clutching onto past success...much like liverpool fans have been doing for the last ten years?

Coming from a yet again gutted Leeds fan.....and you dont hear us snatching at past success...

(Mark Viduka 4 - Liverpool nill)

I'm off to watch a club thats truly mine, who I can truly appreciate the highs and lows of, and when we finally do get back to the Premier, I won't be sitting on the net.

that's great can you talk about the highs and lows of medicore football in another thread?

this one is about the best professional outfit in Europe.

You just answered the what to do thing with your last couple of words, so I don't need to do that for you. And eh I'm pretty sure this thread full of United fans don't all have more important things to do than celebrate this.

My point is you don't know why people might not be able to go out and celebrate this yet, you don't know if people don't go out at all anyway and this is their norm, sitting at home watching matches. You don't know if people are stuck in work and couldn't go out and celebrate it. You don't know anything, like I said earlier you are assuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you really take the biscuit

its pretty bad if we cant celebrate at home,whats next we'll all have to go to LOI matches

• Advertisement

that's great can you talk about the highs and lows of medicore football in another thread?

this one is about the best professional outfit in Europe.

Hahahaha ok I have to go now anyway.

So if your misses came into the room after the final whistle when youve won the league and offered an insane amount of sexual antics youd be

"**** off love im celebrating with the lads...on the telly...cause im a real fan"

Seriously **** off and get a grip.

United fans might be getting bored of celebrating every year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sorry but do you realise how embarrassing that sounds? It reminds me of when young and people trying to boast about things to look mad.

"I'm on my 7th can, im a mad yoke"

TheDoc wrote: »
    So if your misses came into the room after the final whistle when youve won the league and offered an insane amount of sexual antics youd be

"**** off love im celebrating with the lads...on the telly...cause im a real fan"

Seriously **** off and get a grip.

United fans might be getting bored of celebrating every year :)

LMAO :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

They get lucky breaks.

i was going to reply to all your points but then i decided there was no point...
    im just gonna enjoy it and not let peoples stupid comments get me annoyed..

some people come on here just to cause trouble and make stupid comments to get a reaction.. and i include united fans in that as well... slagging off liverpool after winning the title is just annoying.. i find it very petty and the most irritating thing.. it gets me riled up so much there's no need for it..id hope if they won the title next season they wouldn't be on here going ahhh champions fact and all that crap..it just annoys me to see..its fans like that, is why united supporters are so hated..have a bit of class like and enjoy it..
    why can we all just get along?? ;)

Even if leeds won the playoff final I wouldn't be going mad celebrating, I sometimes do not get the fact of celebrating. OK its your team you know deadly yeah brilliant.

I can understand celebrating when I won league titles and cups with my team playing, but even when my team one things when i was injured, I wouldn't celebrate to any great extent.

Must be just me, but I do not feel that I should be going of the walls when my team do something, I give an internal fist pump and carry on with life. At the end of the day all I do is watch the telly and give the odd " gwan son"

And people who claim to be real fans usually are just waffling arseholes ;)

I'll never forget the liverpool fan who said I wasn't a real fan because I couldnt name the player numbers for my first team and reserve team, what a bandwagon jumper am I.

I betcha theres a rake of liverpool fans who supported them because of parents or relatives, who they supported liverpool in the good days, but o my god how theyd love to jump onto the united bandwagon now ;)

And I think the reason united fans are hated its just jealousy really....I cant see any other explanation.

Villa fan: ****ing hate united supporters, so egotistical and arseholish
    Pool fan: yeah **** sake, always mouthing off, they are dickheads
    Chelsea fan: I like football...
    Pool fan: Always having a go at us after they win a title and stuff, dont they know we owned this country in football
    ***United fan enters the room***
    United Fan: Hey pool fan, Ijust fixed the flex capacitor on the delorian, so why dont you jump in and go experience the last time you guys won a league, and stop burning the ears of the world.

Harpy wrote: »
    i was going to reply to all your points but then i decided there was no point...
    im just gonna enjoy it and not let peoples stupid comments get me annoyed..

some people come on here just to cause trouble and make stupid comments to get a reaction.. and i include united fans in that as well... slagging off liverpool after winning the title is just annoying.. i find it very petty and the most irritating thing.. it gets me riled up so much there's no need for it..id hope if they won the title next season they wouldn't be on here going ahhh champions fact and all that crap..it just annoys me to see..its fans like that, is why united supporters are so hated..have a bit of class like and enjoy it..
    why can we all just get along?? ;)

I don't usually if at all slag liverpool fans on here, but Im surrounded by in my group of friends, and I get alot of slagging as soon as sumtin goes wrong with United. So that's why I don't see much wrong with it.

United fans here know fully well that if Liverpool win next year they would expect a reaction like this, at least I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Happy days :)

I do think that there's a good chance Liverpool will win it next year if they hang onto their best, and bring in a few new faces

Hopefully not though :)

Good times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ok this thread is a joke right from the OP.

Action will be taken so I'd advise people to remember the charter when posting after this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Next person who posts anything to do with the relative value of LOI supportership vs EPL supportership or how best to celebrate stuff gets a seven day ban.

AND, saying you didn't see this post will not be an adequate excuse, so delte your post quick if you just submitted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jinx! :pac:

I'm sorry my apologies

Theres not much banter down in the lows of league 1, not every day you meat a millwall or mk dons fan in ireland :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

We deserved the title again this season. To win 3 in a row AGAIN is a magnificent achievement.

Let's look to bigger things and try get another CL trophy in the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

To the bitter fans (which is a small minority)...

There are the nice Liverpool fans who accept that United are champions, becuase they deserve it and congratulate us. There are the ones who'll be crying their eyes out refusing to accept defeat, tough.

Manchester United have just equalled 18 league titles, and I'm bloody chuffed. I'd take it as a compliment. Just prove we have, not all, deep respect respect for your history.

When Liverpool stuffed us at Old Trafford, I held my hands up and said fair play, you deserved the win, now the shoe is on the other foot. Rafa Benetiz has not congratulated Manchester United yet. All I see is him moaning about Utd having money. Tough. Wonder what toy he'll throw out of the pram next.

And for those complaining about how a fan celebrates, when you win, you celebrate however you like. Stop begrudging others.

Anyway, Manchester United, I get a smile just saying the name :pac:

CHAMPIONS! 3 IN A ROW! Bring on Rome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't really see the point of this thread because there is nothing to actually debate!

Congratulations united... a fantastic achievement by a great team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Theres not much banter down in the lows of league 1, not every day you meat a millwall or mk dons fan in ireland :/

from the sounds of that it looks like you have great craic when you do 'meat' them :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ok this thread is a joke right from the OP.

Action will be taken so I'd advise people to remember the charter when posting after this.

You're a cúnt! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Bitter fans...

See I came on after the match totally gutted and just was going to go into the man utd forum and say something like "Congrats lads" but you've (communal you not you directly) made that impossible,
    We could all be lovely and say well done, I suspect nearly everyone would, but this little cheap shot? Petty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Congrats Utd, both the pool and yourselves put up a great fight this season and regardless in the end it was a well deserved win.

Congrats Liverpool for playing more entertaining and stunning football than Utd and if there was a prize for that you would have received it.

Here's to a more competitive season in 09/10 between the top four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Congrats Liverpool for playing more entertaining and stunning football than Utd and if there was a prize for that you would have received it.

ROFL - Delusion ftw

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement