Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many units of alcohol per week do you drink?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I dont do units. Just the odd beer or drop of wine from out of the fridge in the evening, perhaps a few times a month as opposed to a few times a week. Dont do sessions anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I said just over 30 units originally but after doing that drink aware calculator im not sure. It says 21 standard drinks?? is that like 70-100 units?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭misssaucie

Mmm...me too...I could easily polish off a bottle of wine of an evening at home. I often drink alone too as my partner works away but a bottle is spaced out throughout the evening and I am never drunk going to bed and rarely wake up with a hangover unless I've been out and drink more than that. Some nights I couldn't be bothered opening a bottle so I don't rely on it I just really enjoy the taste of a nice red, it relax's me and I don't (or ever have) smoke cigarettes and don't do drugs so it's my only vice. We keep spirits and beer in the house with plenty of mixers etc but to be honest it would never cross my mind to make myself a G&T or open a beer if I had no wine in the house so it's not as though alcohol rules my evenings it certainly doesn't. I realise all these units add up over a week but some of my friends could blow 40 units easily in one night. I enjoy to drink at home but it seems a bit of a social taboo.
    30-50 probably, I'm a serial home drinker and I drink alone too...nothing to do with depression it's because TV is so bad these days it needs a little help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Don't drink that much - last time I had a drink was about 5 weeks ago.

Just not bother any more in drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

He he he around 30 units... apparently that's a problem

Well you're only a student ONCE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I drink very little I can't stand drinking at home i prefer the hole going out thing drink at home isnt the same as going to a pub on hot summers day and ordering a pint and it so cold there condensation on the out side of the glass... heaven drinking at home is just boring.... well I find

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Well, If a can is 2 units, so far up to this week I've had 90 :O , 12 Monday, None tuesday, 6 wednesday, 10 tursday, 8 yesterday (and 1 pint) and got 8 in for tonite, feckin hell lol, I dont usually drink that much mid week btw

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

With that NHS calculator it came to 9.7 units, i dont drink that often and when i do, its only to feel the effects not become wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Overheal wrote: »
    Dont do sessions anymore.

:pac:

Advertisement