Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC TyTn II dual sim adapter

• 16-05-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here tried a dual sim adapter in their TyTn II phone?

I want to put my Chinese sim card and my Irish one in there together so i can bring my home phone with me next visit. I could just swap the sims I suppose but the likelihood of me loosing the other sim is pretty high on my travels probably.
    I have found these adapters which seem pricey and also from reading this post, they don't seem to support 3G which would be a PITA as the TyTn II is a pda first and a phone second i think, at least i use it that way.
    Anyone know where to find a cheaper adapter, and indeed if it will support 3G?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Just a suggestion but you might be able to fit the sim you are not using under the battery cover, it'd be a lot more secure than in a wallet or pocket. There's a tiny amount of space there so it could just about work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Supercell wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried a dual sim adapter in their TyTn II phone?

I want to put my Chinese sim card and my Irish one in there together so i can bring my home phone with me next visit. I could just swap the sims I suppose but the likelihood of me loosing the other sim is pretty high on my travels probably.
    I have found these adapters which seem pricey and also from reading this post, they don't seem to support 3G which would be a PITA as the TyTn II is a pda first and a phone second i think, at least i use it that way.
    Anyone know where to find a cheaper adapter, and indeed if it will support 3G?

Can't really help you but I was wondering about using a dualsim in my WM6 device a while back as well.

Dual sims are hit and miss when it comes to WM and i had a bit of heartache with a cheapish one myself a while back- just didn't work.

However, IIRC those simore ones supposedly do work with WM6 devices. Never got around to getting one myself as i could never find out if they supported 3G or not (don't think so tbh).

Dunno if such an adapter exists- all a bit of a mystery. If you do find out please let me know. :)

Advertisement