Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECON10010 summer exam

Options
  • 16-05-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Anybody noticed that paper yesterday?It was half economics,half waffle.One of the questions was on 18th Century Puritans,which I asked myself what did that have anything to do with economics.:mad:

A good contemporary for it would be the episode of Friends when Rachel made half the trifle and half shepard's pie.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

GobBass wrote: »
    Anybody noticed that paper yesterday?It was half economics,half waffle.One of the questions was on 18th Century Puritans,which I asked myself what did that have anything to do with economics.:mad:

A good contemporary for it would be the episode of Friends when Rachel made half the trifle and half shepard's pie.:D

Half and half is a pretty good mix, economics is usually somewhere in the region of 80% waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is that economics and society?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Is that economics and society?

Nope.It was Principles of Microeconomics (Micro for Short)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

And the cattle question? The marital infidelity question?????

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

damselnat wrote: »
    And the cattle question? The marital infidelity question?????

What the suspicious thing was about the exam as well as the above mentioned was that it actually did look like several tests were stuck together in terms of the fonts used.I think Moore may have gone a bit haywire on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 freshtodeath

GobBass wrote: »

Everything has to do with economics*

*Maybe not everything but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 graw

Economics is not just about numbers, graphs and theories. If you had read the book ''The undercover Economist'' (and other similar books) you would know that you can apply economic thinking to everyday life. Yes, The undercover Economist is on the suggested reading list (if Moore was your lecturer it certainly is!). http://timharford.com/undercovereconomist/ Essential reading for undergrad imo.

Also, have you not seen that little thing that says ''Economic naturalist''? It is pasted all over the Bernanke book. All those stories like; should Bill Gates stop to pick up a dollar bill? are not just put in the book for fun you know.

Anyway, good luck to everyone who sat the exam =)

EDIT: On the topic of the tv show Friends, um... there is a cool scene on game theory. Here it is http://www.gametheory.net/media/Friends.wmv That is economics right there!!! ;-) Enjoy!

Advertisement