Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumpkin Puree

Options
  • 16-05-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Need help finding tins (or cartons) of pumpkin puree in Dublin preferably. I've looked everywhere I can think of at this stage! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I'm almost certain I've seen it in Fallon & Byrne, on the baking sheft near the butcher counter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've seen it in Asian stores over here in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've made my own before. I make pumpkin soup quite regularly and boil chopped up pumpkin with some onions and garlic. You need to boil them for a while until they can be easily mashed. This makes a nice puree. To turn in to soup add cream.

Can pumpkins be easily found in supermarkets in Ireland though? I seem to remember they can't - only at Halloween. We buy them in our weekly shop here in quarters but they are different to the ones I've seen at home - they have green skin.

As well as soup we roast pumpkin with the Sunday roast veggies. Can't beat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

thanks for all the replies! I will try f&b tomorrow hopefully. I would not make my own but thanks for the idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Update.. tried Fallon and Byrne -no luck. Also tried all asian stores and asked health food shop could they order- they can't. Am I out of options?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 foodiefanatic

I am surprised to hear that F&B does not have it at the moment. I bought two cans of pumpkin puree here in Dublin some time ago and I am pretty sure I got it in F&B. It could have been in the months after Halloween though so perhaps that is why they had it. If you need it for pumpkin pie or similar you can make your own by baking pumpkin for a good while and then mashing it. It tried that before for a pie and it turned out really well.

It is in the american section of Fallon and Byrne.
    The always have it when I'm in their on my fruitless fluff quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Moonbaby wrote: »

Yep, I've definitely seen it there. Maybe they only have it in around Thanksgiving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Moonbaby wrote: »

American Marshmallow Fluff? That's quite easy to make, it's basically just meringue. There's a recipe here, or you could use italian meringue, which is similar but the sugar syrup cooks the egg whites, stabilising it and making it last longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 jells bells

the donnybrook fair in donnybrook has canned pumpkin in their american food section (just past the produce section). i see it there regularly, among the boxed cake mix and kool-aid :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement