Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gelatine blobs in my veg patch

Options
  • 16-05-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi all,
    When I get a heavy downpour in the garden my veg patch is covered with these strange gelatine type blobs just scattered all over the place. Some quite big.Once the sun comes out and it dries off they seem to disintegrate,and then appear again once the rain hits.

They don't seem to be doing any damage or the like, but I'm just completely perplexed as to what they are or to where they appeared from? Could they be an ingredient in the cheap compost i've put down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'd guess that they are likely to be eggs, possibly snail or worm!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

take a pic next time it happens OP. It could well just be the compost materials

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

acurno wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Could they be an ingredient in the cheap compost i've put down?

Quite possibly, see the 2nd post here........ Water storage gel

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

That looks like it alright! Water storage gels...how interesting...
    I did mix in some compost from one of those growing bags with the cheaper stuff so they must have been an ingredient.
    They are quite unsightly has to be said, keep confusing them with slugs!

Advertisement