Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Captive bead ring.

Options
  • 16-05-2009 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I seem to be developing a painful keloid in my helix piercing so I want to take it out. Problem is, I have no idea how to remove my captive bead ring. I've been trying to twist the bead but it's not working and beginning to really hurt my ear. Any help really appreciated!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Go to your piercer and ask em to take it out for ya.
    You are probably just irritating it more at the moment.

If you have a small ring opener pliers use that carefully, get a mate to help but best bet is go to the piercing studio

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Will wrote: »
    Go to your piercer and ask em to take it out for ya.
    You are probably just irritating it more at the moment.

If you have a small ring opener pliers use that carefully, get a mate to help but best bet is go to the piercing studio

+1 there is a knack to taking them out, once u manage it u'll know what i mean but if ur sore then get a peircer to take it out for ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

If your REALLY need to take it out urgently, and you can't get to your piercer, get a toenail clippers and close it where the ring clips in to the ball - should pop it right out. But your best bet is to get in to the studio, to see what advice they have. If it's an actual infection, taking the jewellery out is the LAST thing you want to do, cos it could trap the infection in the ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

CAPTIVE BEAD RING?!?

I haven't heard anyone say that in years, I used to get slagged for calling ball closure rings that in work.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM_
    . back to the early nineties :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I got chastised/made fun of for not pronouncing the 't' in labret, along with saying industrial instead of scaffold... haha can't win with some people :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

screw that, I still say industrial. and cbr for that matter. IN YO FACE

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

hot2def wrote: »
    screw that, I still say industrial. and cbr for that matter. IN YO FACE

I say BCR....... lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I say CBR too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

...am I the only one who just says "ring"?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A ring is a ring, a CBR/BCR isn't quite a ring :p;)

[/pedantic]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

i remember when i got my navel pierced i sutpidly got them to put a ring in it, as it was cheaper, but of course it wasnt healing so i had to put a bar into it, you should have seen me, i was lying on the sofa holding the skin if my navel and the ring itself, my good mother had pliars and something else trying to get the ball out, fresh piercing and all that it was not fun at all. took about 30min to get it out and dear god ill never forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Nools wrote: »
    i remember when i got my navel pierced i sutpidly got them to put a <b>ring</b> in it

Someone else just says ring! I'm not alone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

there's a knack to it... you need to hold the ring with both hands, use both forefingers to pull one way and one thumb to push the other, holding the ring steady as you do so... if that makes any sense at all.

trickier to get the ball back in though... but doable.

Advertisement