Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking incidents

Options
  • 16-05-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Very common these days...

parking1.jpg

And a nice present left on the windshield...

parking2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Fcuk Fianna Fail!!He fcuking deserved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

:confused: What's supposed to be happening here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 forpaddyde

EKRIUQ wrote: »

Another example of someone parking illegally.
    (See previous threads)
    Namely http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055556609

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

He got a ticket for parking illegally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

This thread is pretty pointless, its just a spin off of this one. I think everyone (Including myself) has posted their opinion on that van parking in the disabled spot. No need to bring up another thread with random cars parking on double yellow lines etc.

And for the record, I have absolutely no interest in politics whatsoever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

any yet another person who is so outraged either for or against this issue that they signed up a new account.. :rolleyes:

I've no problem with people putting forward an opinion or arguing their point of view but the number of "new" board account users we've seen suddenly join kilkenny and post in just these two threads is unusually high to what we had even after the local paper ran a piece of boards.ie. If you believe something/want to post pics use your own account to make the point.

PS - If I'm wrong I apologise but I also said the same thing when 3 brand new users signed up to defend the person in question while this users pics here are clearly not trying to defend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I saw that earlier today. Couldnt get a picture of it though as I was passing.

For the record, I have no interest in politics whatsoever.
    I have no opinion, good or bad on any of the politicians.
    The only one I know the name of is Andrew McGuinness! (Any publicity is good publicity?)
    I won't even be in the country when voting time comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

Has anyone noticed that the reg plate is not an Official Reg Plate.

itsonlyme wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the reg plate is not an Official Reg Plate.

Think that was pointed out in the last thread.

By the way, and there's probably not much point in mentioning this but I will anyway...
    I'm sure I saw another politician's van parked in a wheelchair spot in John's Green last night at approx 9pm. Unfortunately I didn't get a pic, or the name, I was trying to concentrate on the road, but it was a very big van(certainly not a McGuinness van), but it was certainly a politician's van.

If I had an interest in elections/politics I'd have taken more notice, but in my opinion each one is as bad(or as good :P ) as the next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

80076.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

For the first picture, it did seem like it was parked in a loading bay and that truck of a car could loosely be described as commercial so the ticket could be argued.

But

It's hard to argue with yellow lines I'm sure they are there for a good reason, and its like Andrew is laughing at us through his grin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

fabbydabby wrote: »
    80076.JPG

Seriously... Whats with people takin photos of illegally parked vans/cars in different parts of the city with Andrew McGuinness's fat head plastered on the side of them.
    It's hard to argue with yellow lines I'm sure they are there for a good reason, and its like Andrew is laughing at us through his grin.

He is laughing... laughing cause he can park ANYWHERE! Mwahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Whats with people takin photos of illegally parked vans/cars in different parts of the city with Andrew McGuinness's fat head plastered on the side of them.
    Everybody else was doing it....

I saw an Independant candidate's van illegally parked as well but I hadn't my phone on me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oh ffs we've already had one thread beaten to death on this discussion we don't need another,

There are far too many people posting in these threads with hidden agendas either against a person they dislike or the party in question they are discussing, the fact remains that if people were so bloody concerned about illegal parking by people they should setup a website and update it everyday with photos of people illegally parking.

The site would contain thousands of thousands of photos of the complete muppets that park illegally on a day to day basis.

This has been discussed to death already and this thread is going to add NOTHING new to this dead horse slagging match.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

After speaking with an Admin about this topic and the last, we have decided the best option is to lock this thread as it is really going over old ground that was covered in the last topic. Clearly it angers a lot of people and this has been raised in at least one national paper. I can understand why people are annoyed and want to discuss it again, but I cant see anything new being covered. You could possibly take this discussion by visiting Andrews office or sending in a letter to your local/national paper which is a more common approach.

The politican in question did respond to the previous thread but wont be able to respond to this thread as a result of him being currently sitebanned for creating an account in the last thread for "sock puppeting" (ie creating new accounts he controlled to back his posts up). So, that makes things a little unfair.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement