Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add video to web page

Options
  • 16-05-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am just after starting a new job been asked to encorporate a video onto a web page. The idea is that when a user clicks on an online help topic they will be directed to a short help video.

I am not sure what format the video would be in, perhaps .avi. I am sure it can be converted anyway if this is an issue.

I am not sure where to start on this one and would appreciate any help/pointers any of you can give me.

Thanks
    Derick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Use Flash video.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hughj

p wrote: »
    Use Flash video.
    Yeah thats prob the best one to use

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭derickmc

Cheers guys,

Can the flash video just be embedded in to the HTML?

Would you have any links where I could see an example of this?

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭D.W

You could also upload the video onto youtube and then just embed the link? May be easiest option possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

derickmc wrote: »
    Can the flash video just be embedded in to the HTML?
    Yes, that is what you asked us for wasn't it?
    derickmc wrote: »
    Would you have any links where I could see an example of this?
    eh, Youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

D.W wrote: »
    You could also upload the video onto youtube and then just embed the link? May be easiest option possibly.

That definitely sounds the easiest thing to do, and I don't think it would look much less professional.

Advertisement