Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re taking Leaving Cert

Options
  • 16-05-2009 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I took my leaving Cert in 2006, I basically got awful results, mainly to do with being unprepared and partly due to an emotional upheaval the weekend before the exams.

I really want to resit it again, I didn't want to repeat at the time as I felt I had my fill of school. I want to resit 2010, I have checked out the syllabus and have started to organise all my old notes.

I really would like to know the wheres & hows to resitting it. Who should I contact etc. and when do i have to do this by? :confused::confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

State Exams Commission - external applications.

Tha above URL should help you. It's still aimed at this year's exams, but the procedure will be the same. The deadline will be round about the end of January 2010. You will be considered a repeat candidate and will have to pay the repeat fee. They're a little bit busy in Athlone at the moment, so if you can wait till after mid-September to contact them, you're more likely to get a reply.

If any of your intended subjects have a project/field work element, contact a school (your old one perhaps?) to get a teacher to supervise you and confirm for the SEC that it is your own work.

Good luck with it.

Are you planning to study at home or what? You could always enrol in a college that runs repeat Leaving Cert courses. They cost a bit but it's probably worth it! If not, maybe an intensive revision course during Christmas or Easter would be of benefit to you! Just to get you going again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ritchi88

Are you planning to study at home or what? You could always enrol in a college that runs repeat Leaving Cert courses. They cost a bit but it's probably worth it! If not, maybe an intensive revision course during Christmas or Easter would be of benefit to you! Just to get you going again!

I was thinking along the line of revision courses, as I am currently working full time to try and save for college, I may not actually go until I'm 23 and can apply as a mature student, but was thinking that having the leaving out of the way would give me more options. Also when i took my leaving I stupidly didn't take a language as at the school it had to be french, (Nothing against french , but I speak spanish decently after living there for a while so would prefer to sit that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ritchi88

spurious wrote: »
    State Exams Commission - external applications.

quote]

Thanks very much, least I know how to get started now. :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tarak5

Try the the Institute of Education on Lesson St dublin 2

Private but expensive - they do classes at night.
    If you go a nite, you must enroll yourself in another school to sit the actual official LC exam.

Plunkett college in Whitehall dublin 9 - also do the LC at nite

good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement