Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website not loading in Firefox, fine in IE & Chrome. FIXED (caused by stupidity)

Options
  • 16-05-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭

I can't really figure out why this website www.skuzziport.com mightn't be loading at all (just a black screen) in Firefox, but it hums along in IE, Safari & Chrome.

It's on Wordpress 2.7.1, with one unusual extra, a music player (SCM). Has anyone had a problem like this before and what might be causing it?

I'm going to try deactivating the music player to see if that solves the problem, but of course the music player is fairly mission critical since it's a band site. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Loads fine in Firefox here...

Edit: Ok - the mainpage loads - everything else is just a black screen :(

Edit #2: The Code is downloading - just not displaying

All working fine here as of 11am this morning. My browser details are: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042523 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.10 GTB5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Well, the problem was the way that I had put the code into the header.php file.

I had accidentally deleted "<body>" as I pasted the player code under it.

Now that I've rebuilt it from the original header.php file, it seems to work fine in Firefox.

Another problem that I've uncovered though is that the website crashes IE sometimes. At least I think it's the website, though again it could be the player or wordpress.

Is there anywhere on the web that you can use an automated tool to check your code for browser-specific problems, or would that just be too complicated?

I did find one place, but I think it only checks the html on the basic landing page? http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skuzziport.com%2F

baz8080 wrote: »
    All working fine here as of 11am this morning. My browser details are: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042523 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.10 GTB5

Thanks very much - I'd been writing that reply for a while and didn't see your post.

Sound of you to test it out, thanks very much!

So, hopefully this is easier to fix, but I've been testing it on and off over the afternoon and the site repeatedly makes IE hang.

Could anyone see if the same thing happens with their IE, please? (just in case it's something quirky on my computer)

Any pointers on how to diagnose/fix this, please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement