Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greens losing their bottle

Options
  • 16-05-2009 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

With both John Gormley and Dan Boyle calling for a renegoiation of the Programme for Government today it looks its starting to dawn on them that their association with FF is destroying them .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    With both John Gormley and Dan Boyle calling for a renegoiation of the Programme for Government today it looks its starting to dawn on them that their association with FF is destroying them .

Hang on - everyone here wants a re-think of the coalition - people can't turn around now and say that the Greens are weak because of this!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Was the bottle recycled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

in dread of being oliberated ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Lorcan 17 wrote: »

If they poked around the boards anytime in the last year they would have learned that, just goes to show how out of touch they are.

June 5th will be the start of the "green mile" for gormley

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

I think the green will hang on for their life. They are purely playing mind games with FF. Now that the by-election will inevitablely reduce the government's majority, the greens will have more leeway and will demand more.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

The green agenda is still an important one for many voters. I think the greens want to get ready for the impending election by showing that, while the government have screwed the whole country up, the greens have managed to achieve things that wouldn't have been done if they were not in government. I can see the next government including the greens. If Fine Gael or Labour got enough votes then you could see the greens+independents making up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

tedstriker wrote: »
    The green agenda is still an important one for many voters. I think the greens want to get ready for the impending election by showing that, while the government have screwed the whole country up, the greens have managed to achieve things that wouldn't have been done if they were not in government. I can see the next government including the greens. If Fine Gael or Labour got enough votes then you could see the greens+independents making up the difference.

What's in bold should be all the incentive people need to make sure they never get back into power. I can't believe as a kid I liked the greens.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tedstriker wrote:
    I can see the next government including the greens. If Fine Gael or Labour got enough votes then you could see the greens+independents making up the difference.
    We've had rainbow coalitions before comprised of everyone but FF so not unlikely

And the Greens have shown they can be a partner in government, so if they get the seats they will be talked to.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    What's in bold should be all the incentive people need to make sure they never get back into power. I can't believe as a kid I liked the greens.

And uninformed, and utterly useless posts like this are whats needed for a good discussion:rolleyes:

Cliste wrote: »
    And uninformed, and utterly useless posts like this are whats needed for a good discussion:rolleyes:

Fair point shall we discuss light bulbs? The hill of Tara? The Irish weather and cycle to work scheme? the levy on having a parking space? Or the environmental effects of "green" gas? Their lack of any economic policies other than one's they overheard the local hippy group discussing?

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Fair point shall we discuss light bulbs? The hill of Tara? The Irish weather and cycle to work scheme? the levy on having a parking space? Or the environmental effects of "green" gas? Their lack of any economic policies other than one's they overheard the local hippy group discussing?

Listen I'm just making the point that your above comment was AH worthy - but lets be honest we have enough people ranting in politics. I am trying to make a stand for some good quality discussions. Now the topic in discussion is the Greens association with FF in government - I could list off several things which is bad about their association with FF in government alone. Lets not cheapen these arguments (Although we already got a hippy mention - how many posts till you use Gormless?)

Cliste wrote: »
    Listen I'm just making the point that your above comment was AH worthy - but lets be honest we have enough people ranting in politics. I am trying to make a stand for some good quality discussions. Now the topic in discussion is the Greens association with FF in government - I could list off several things which is bad about their association with FF in government alone. Lets not cheapen these arguments (Although we already got a hippy mention - how many posts till you use Gormless?)

I do spend sometime in AH, class place really. I promise you'll never see me refer to him as Gormless, I don't get it TBH what's a gorm and why is not having one an insult?
    The hippy mention I stand by. Though maybe they get their economic policies from the greens but whichever way they share way too many.
    As for the issue of the greens association with FF if it goes the same way as the PD's previous association with them it'll be the only good thing to come out of this government.
    I will say one positive for them, recently one of their members came out against the new blasphemy laws Ahern is pushing through. I commend that, then again I amn't aware of how they are voting on the issue so I may retract that.

Advertisement