Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Business Post Red C Poll FF Up Greens Down

Options
  • 16-05-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously this is just a summary but part of a pattern. Of more interest is the first slip for the Greens in these Red C polls. They've been holding steady for a while. I also noticed the huge leap for Libertas. With two weeks to go they are making little or no impact, as confirmed by numbers for the candidates in East and Dublin in The Irish Times poll. If the Green fall continues and they do badly in the local elections perhaps they will start looking for a way out.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0516/poll.html

Poll shows drop in support for Green Party
    Saturday, 16 May 2009 18:13

Support for the Green Party has slipped according to the latest opinion poll.

The Red C poll, in tomorrow's Sunday Business Post, shows both Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael up one point each, with Fianna Fáil trailing by 10 at 24% to Fine Gael's 34%.

However, the poll also shows support for the Green Party has slipped two points to 5%.

Labour is down one to 18%, while Sinn Fein is down one to 7%. Independents and Others are up two to 12%.

When asked who they would vote for the European election, 32% of those polled favoured Fine Gael and 25% Fianna Fáil, the same as last month.

Labour was down one at 16%, the Greens down two to 5%, Sinn Fein drop one to 7%. Libertas gain a point at 3%, while Independents and Others are up two to 12%.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

is_that_so wrote: »
    Obviously this is just a summary but part of a pattern. Of more interest is the first slip for the Greens in these Red C polls. They've been holding steady for a while. I also noticed the huge leap for Libertas. With two weeks to go they are making little or no impact, as confirmed by numbers for the candidates in East and Dublin in The Irish Times poll. If the Green fall continues and they do badly in the local elections perhaps they will start looking for a way out.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0516/poll.html

Sure Dierdre De Burca, and Dan Boyle are dead men walking in Europe.

No significant change. I would not consider it relevant at all. FF up one, FG up one. Still a ten point gap, which will translate into a good locals for FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Het-Field wrote: »
    Sure Dierdre De Burca, and Dan Boyle are dead men walking in Europe.

No significant change. I would not consider it relevant at all. FF up one, FG up one. Still a ten point gap, which will translate into a good locals for FG.

It won't be a loss per say for the Greens, they don't have any MEP's

I would like to add that there's a 2% margin of error on that survey - So basically there has been no significant change since the last poll (From a mathsy perspective)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

Cliste wrote: »
    It won't be a loss per say for the Greens, they don't have any MEP's

I would like to add that there's a 2% margin of error on that survey - So basically there has been no significant change since the last poll (From a mathsy perspective)

Correct me wrong but I think it's 3% moe for Redc and 2% for MRBI as the former takes samples of 1000 whereas as the latter takes samples of 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

So details are emerging on RTE: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0516/poll.html

Quite different to the Irish Times Poll:

FF: 24% (+1)
    FG: 34% (+1)
    Lab: 18% (-1)
    SF: 7% (-1)
    Green: 5% (-2)
    Ind: 12% (+2)

Q: Who would you vote for in the European Election:

FF: 25% (no change)
    FG: 32% (no change)
    Lab: 16% (-1)
    SF: 7% (-1)
    Green: 5% (-2)
    Libertas: 3% (+1)
    Ind: 12% (+2)

Further evidence of trouble for Labour. FG have a substantial 10% lead on FF even at the lower support level found here. FF is surprisingly up 1% but this is still an anaemic level of support for them historically. The Greens and Sinn Fein both are down support, the Greens showing serious problems.

Advertisement