Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Serpent in Dublin Bay in 1917

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

enfield wrote: »
    I was meandering through a Midland newspaper dated July 1917 (as you do) and came across the following short article. I include it for your views.
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/clondaleek/Image1-1.jpg
    Regards.
    Tom.

Fantastic read i was imaginging myself there in those times

As to what the monster is i have no idea but the description would have you believe mary harney was alive and well in the early part of the century and swimming in dublin bay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Has to be said, the quality of journalism in those days is so much more eloquent than the trash written today, I think I'd actually buy a newspaper if it was written like that.Oh, and Obviously nessie was on holliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

loved the article its amazing to see they used proper english back then imagine talking to someone today using those type of words people would think you were crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

One was seen many years ago in Cahore, Co. Wexford as well.

Advertisement