Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anbody understand Windows Mobile Connections?

• 16-05-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've been struggling with the User interface in Windows Mobile 6.1 (on an Omnia) with regard to Internet connectivity, MMS etc.

I'm not looking for specific connection settings etc. (I see stickies with these details), but wondering if anybody can enlighten me on Windows Mobile user interface for connectivity.

eg.
    (1) what is the relationship between "networks", "connections", "modems".

When I got to Start/Settings/Connections Tab/Connections icon/"Tasks" Tab...
    I see "My Internet" listed, with a few hyperlinks ("Add a modem connection"... Add a new VPN server connection... set up my proxy server "Manage existing connections").
    (2) What is this "My Internet" ? I suppose it is a "Network", since when I go to the "Advanced" tab/Select networks (goes into "Network Management" screen)- the Drop down list of "Networks" shows "My Internet" as one of the options.
    (3) If "My Internet" is a "Network", how come the other networks in the drop down list on the Network management" screen (ie. "Internet GPRS", "MMS" etc. also currently listed on my phone) dont also appear on the screen beside "My Internet" when I go to Start/Settings/Connections Tab/Connections icon/"Tasks".

I could go on asking questions, here I think if I understand the underlying model I can figure it out - I suspect that the winMobile user interface is just crap.

Can anyone put me out of my misery and enlighten me or point me in the direction of a good user guide somewhere. Or is there any third-party software that presents the network settings in a logical way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aidancoughlan

F@#% !! I've got a "Network" on the "Network Management" screen that has no "Connections", I want to get rid of it but I can't find any way of Deleting it.

Advertisement