Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vegas thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭pistolpeter

Played plo in the rio and won 900 after a good hours whilst drinking at the table. Then me went to the bar and drank till 7am then ended up in Spearmint rhinos and did about 1200-1300 and got home at 11am
    Gotta love vegas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

when is the world series on?

is there something on the week of 8th -15th august? was hoping to go that week and a lot of hotels seem to be charging higher rates for that week specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Are those pool halls run by the devil?
    No, good sir, they're on the level.

FYP's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So tempted to move to Vegas.

Have to give up blackjack first though. Or drinking. Or both.

Moon in the Palms is class along with the playboy lounge just below it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So might be headin to vegas for a few days in July - just wondering is it cheaper to book accomadation before one arrives or is it the same if we just walk into some hotel?

Also people talk about getting money wired across to rio etc?
    Can one not just use laser in an ATM, and also with regard ID - Do they accept any other forms other than passport?

Thanks

-Ace-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So might be headin to vegas for a few days in July - just wondering is it cheaper to book accomadation before one arrives or is it the same if we just walk into some hotel?
    If you are arriving say on a tuesday afternoon you would probably get very good deals on room prices, the opposite if arriving on a friday evening/sat morning. If you are happy to spend an hour on the phone when you arrive in Vegas checking room prices then it would probably save you degenerate dollars for your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

bohsman wrote: »
    So tempted to move to Vegas.

Have to give up blackjack first though. Or drinking. Or both.

Moon in the Palms is class along with the playboy lounge just below it.

+1 on the moon and playboy lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

dougee19 wrote: »
    DeadParrot:
    http://www.thetwentydollartrick.com/ try this out

anyone here ever tried this??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Yup, In New York New York in May. Didn't work, but I reckon that was because we arrived at 23:30 on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Brayruit

2 weeks ago in the Venetian

There were 5 of us (2 adults 3 kids)

She went and spoke to the manager and said that the only complimentary upgrades would be to bigger suites with one king so not suitable for the family.

She comp'ed us the rollaway bed we needed (normally a $20 charge per night) + a fridge so overall I would say that the $20 tip worked but not to get a better suite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Brayruit

BTW I played poker at the Venetian 3 times which is an excellent room - and at the Rio once (went over to have a look at the WSOP) which was crap - waited 45 mins to sit at a table right beside noisy slots.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Does any site have a list of all vegas tournaments and is reasonably up to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I stayed a week at the Mandalay Bay last month. It's too far from the action. It's about 15 minutes to walk to the hotel next door to it, The Luxor. And then another 15 minutes to get to the next hotel New York New York, which is pretty central. It's a very quiet hotel compared to somewhere like the MGM which was packed out.

Very cheap though. 2 of us paid just over $250 each for a twin room for 7 days and that includes plenty of rip off mini bar drinks and food.

New York New York would be the hotel I'd recommend. We spent half the week in there.

Actually, after the week of drinking and gambling we booked into the old Tropicana hotel and slept for 2 days. If you're just looking for a bed it's right in the centre and just $40 a night for twin room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Would ye advise bringing cash over there or having it in ur account? I've heard the transaction fees and exchange rates you get are a RIP!

Also what do people think of the sahara? Think u can get rooms for like $20 a night atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jamieboy

Coonster wrote: »
    Booked trip to vegas last week with ebookers...

Flying from dublin, 6 nights in mgm grand in september, i stop in atlanta.. 15hr flight... all for €710

Could have got it for 520 but it meant an extra stop in london...

I really recommend ebookers.ie

Booked with sunway for end of February/Early march €540 for flights and 5 nights at excalibur.20 Going for a stag.Can't wait.

Advertisement