Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aeg-battery question

Options
  • 16-05-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey all,

I just test 'fired' (dry) an ak aeg today in an airsoft retailer.It was my first time to fire an aeg.
    After a few seconds of firing it,I noticed a strong smell of burning,and I noticed that the battery had gotten v hot! I took this as a bad sign and stopped firing.

My question is,Was that normal? Are all aeg batterys like that and are there any risks of batteries over heating and exploding or catching fire?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey all,

I just test 'fired' (dry) an ak aeg today in an airsoft retailer.It was my first time to fire an aeg.
    After a few seconds of firing it,I noticed a strong smell of burning,and I noticed that the battery had gotten v hot! I took this as a bad sign and stopped firing.

My question is,Was that normal? Are all aeg batterys like that and are there any risks of batteries over heating and exploding or catching fire?

Thanks.
    Hi no not all batteries are suppose to do that, that happened to my old AEG battery was just a cheap battery that came with it. The problem with it that the connector on the battery burnt out. Don't know if this helps ya out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

So its because of cheap batteries that come with the guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

I wouldn't think so. I have a battery (8.4v mini) that I got with a JG G36 and works perfectly, even better than my ASG one.

I wouldn't think so. I have a battery (8.4v mini) that I got with a JG G36 and works perfectly, even better than my ASG one.

That was prob with my old one they give me like a 1.2v lol cheap ****'s lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

That was an 8.4v the voltage of each individulal cell is 1.2v combined their 8.4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

If it only says 1.2v on each separate cell then it is not a 1.2v battery. It means each cell is 1.2v so depending on the amount of cells you more than likely have a normal voltage.

EDIT: Hande Hoche got there before me

If it only says 1.2v on each separate cell then it is not a 1.2v battery. It means each cell is 1.2v so depending on the amount of cells you more than likely have a normal voltage.

EDIT: Hande Hoche got there before me
    ;) Was wondering taught i had a really sh!t battery anyways got a new one (old one burnt out)

Advertisement