Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Blacknight

Options
  • 16-05-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Currently I have Linux based hosting which uses cPanel with another provider.

I'm looking at moving to your Linux Minimus package for 49.95EUR / year.

Couple of questions off hand...

1. Do you backup my hosting for me on a regular basis?
    2. Do you limit the size of mail boxes?
    3. Do you limit the size of MySQL databases?
    4. Is your hosting based completelly in Ireland?
    5. What is your max turnaround time on support tickets?
    6. Is there any major differences (that you're aware of) between cPanel and your hosting software?
    7. Am I right in assuming you support IMAP and POP3 with the mail accounts?
    8. Do you offer a webmail facility for my mail accounts? Does this work off non-standard ports (cPanel does and doesn't work with some firewalls as a result) or is it more www.mail2web.com style?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Random wrote: »
    1. Do you backup my hosting for me on a regular basis?

This is something you can configure within the control panel
    2. Do you limit the size of mail boxes?
    Not that I'm aware of
    3. Do you limit the size of MySQL databases?
    Not that I'm aware of

Just bear in mind in both instances that you have a finite set of resources open to you on a shared hosting platform.
    4. Is your hosting based completelly in Ireland?

Yes. We have space in two data centres in Dublin and are members of INEX
    Turnaround in what regard?
    6. Is there any major differences (that you're aware of) between cPanel and your hosting software?
    All control panels are different. Cpanel is for single servers and doesn't have any real clustering. Our system uses Parallels Enterprise and is completely clustered
    7. Am I right in assuming you support IMAP and POP3 with the mail accounts?

Yes
    8. Do you offer a webmail facility for my mail accounts? Does this work off non-standard ports (cPanel does and doesn't work with some firewalls as a result) or is it more www.mail2web.com style?
    Webmail uses standard ports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

For a response I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It obviously depends on the volume of tickets in the support queue, but I suppose the absolute worst would be 24 hours. During office hours, Monday to Friday, technical support queries are usually replied to within a matter of minutes or an hour or two, depending again on volumes.

Advertisement