Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions

Options
  • 16-05-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hey,

First time posting in here. Forgive me if these questions are answered else where.

A supervisor has approached me to do a research masters in the area I done my FYP in. Unfortunately, the funding seems to be gone - well the deadline has passed. Are there any options available to me?

Secondly, my ultimate goal is to do a phd - is it possible to jump to phd during a research masters, provided what you do is good enough and contributes something new to the field of research?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

In UCD anyway, the newer structured PhD programs are usually set up so that after Stage 1 (approx 1 year to 18 months) you either transfer to Stage 2 to complete your PhD or leave with a masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

That sounds good. Thanks -

Advertisement