Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend where to get Irish collectables to furnish pub????

Options
  • 16-05-2009 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I would appreciate any advise anyone can offer me here. I am in the process of furnishing a pub and i need to find a wide range of Irish Collectables & Antiques. Basically looking for old guinness, whiskey, tobacco advertisments etc, civil war items & republican stuff and basically any nice irish bit & pieces suitable for display in a traditional Irish pub.

I have been to Christy Bird & a few shops on Francis Street but they dont have a good selection of the items i am looking for.

Can anyone offer any advice on where to go? I am based in Dublin but am willing to travel somewhere that can offer a nice selection of items.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Well, if you can't find what you need on Francis Street you're in trouble because it will take you a long time to build up enough items for a pub. Ebay may be some help but it will take a long time. Sorry I can't offer anything more positive. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

well probly the best place is from another pub thats closing down...
    a bit bad to think of but it happens.... the owner wouldnt have much use for all the stuff.

or auctions/ car boot sales

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I have a few bits and bobs on a farm in carlow if you want a look @ them pm me .
    I will be down there next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

I've PM'd you with a site that may have just what you want or some of what you're after, happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

There is a shop on the boarder on the M1 north of dundalk full of old pub stuff. PM me is you want more details ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I have a few items..a gramaphone,ships light,pictures of old dublin in frames etc.
    if you're interested pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Might not be of interest but I have alot of old irish coins. From 1940's to now. PM me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gonetothedoggs

Try Clara Market in Offaly. As well as the usual stuff there are some stalls that sell all kinds of collectables including pub stuff. There is another market up near clover hill in Cavan, its called Clogher. If you go down the back of it, where all the second hand/collectable stuff is, you might get lucky. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Branddistributi

I spent a few years gathering old pub collectables with a view to doing the same as yourself but pursued another route instead. I am in Cavan and have a large collection of Harp, Smithwicks, Guinness, Carlsberg, Bulmers,Heineken lights, with their transformers, Mirrors, Taps, Ashtrays, Jugs, ornaments etc all between 30 and 60 years old.Despite their costing me significantly more, I will take €1000 for the whole collection just to get them out of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gonetothedoggs

I might be interested in that stuff. I'm not sure what happens next though..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 collector

Ballyd wrote: »
    I would appreciate any advise anyone can offer me here. I am in the process of furnishing a pub and i need to find a wide range of Irish Collectables & Antiques. Basically looking for old guinness, whiskey, tobacco advertisments etc, civil war items & republican stuff and basically any nice irish bit & pieces suitable for display in a traditional Irish pub.

I have been to Christy Bird & a few shops on Francis Street but they dont have a good selection of the items i am looking for.

Can anyone offer any advice on where to go? I am based in Dublin but am willing to travel somewhere that can offer a nice selection of items.

Any help greatly appreciated.

hi there
    i have a vast selection of pub items and signs for sale
    my email is paulpd@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

collector wrote: »
    hi there
    i have a vast selection of pub items and signs for sale
    my email is paulpd@eircom.net

Same question here as in the other thread: Collector, are you selling this privately or do you have a business, shop etc? For commercial traders there are certain rules here. That's why I'm asking.

Preusse wrote: »
    Same question here as in the other thread: Collector, are you selling this privately or do you have a business, shop etc? For commercial traders there are certain rules here. That's why I'm asking.

hi perusse
    i am not commercial.
    just a hobby mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

collector wrote: »
    hi perusse
    i am not commercial.
    just a hobby mate

Hi Collector,

thanks for clarifying this.

Just be aware that if you post your email in the forum you may get unwanted post as well (spam, nuisance, etc.) If you want I can change your post by taking the email address out and put in a sentence that interested people may reply to the post directly or send you a PN? Up to you.

Preusse wrote: »
    Hi Collector,

thanks for clarifying this.

Just be aware that if you post your email in the forum you may get unwanted post as well (spam, nuisance, etc.) If you want I can change your post by taking the email address out and put in a sentence that interested people may reply to the post directly or send you a PN? Up to you.

pm sent thanks

Advertisement