Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about voting in the local elections

Options
  • 16-05-2009 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So i'm living in Dublin for over 2 years but i'm registered in Kerry. I assume i can't vote for a candidate in kerry if i'm in dublin can i? If i could could i vote form Dublin or would i have to give my vote in Kerry.

Finally if i'm unable to vote for someone in Kerry, how do i go about changing it so i have vote for a candidate in South Dublin. Am i too late to di this?

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It's detailed in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055562234

I think the deadline for changing your place of registration was last Friday but you should send in the forms anyway. You should change your registration to your current permanent address anyway, who knows how soon the next election may be...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They may well take it on Monday. They've said they will. You'll need to have all the relevant stuff signed and stamped though so I'd suggest doing that tomorrow (Sunday). After Monday you can forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Ill be out of the country on election day, I presume there's no way I can vote?

Advertisement