Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train fares from Drogheda to Dublin.

Options
  • 16-05-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Thinking of moving out of the big smoke for a few years, was looking at some nice apts in Drogheda town centre. Can anyone tell me what price weekly/monthly rail tickets are for Dublin, ball park figure like? Nothing on the irishrail.ie website except single fares.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

A weekly ticket to Dublin is in and around €50. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

depending on where in dublin you need to get to matthews coaches might be worth thinking about too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

calex71 wrote: »
    depending on where in dublin you need to get to matthews coaches might be worth thinking about too

Mathews coach is a great service but some of their drivers drive way too fast.
    If you look at their timetable you would do well to do their trip in a car in the same time as they do it in.

Another thing that drives me mad about their some of their drivers is they take the slip road for the turn off for donabate and then go back onto the motorway to save a bit of time if the traffic is bad.
    Ive seen them do it a few times.

Sorry OP for going off topic on ur thread.

As some1 already said its around €50 for the weekly ticket its much less from ballbrigan not sure how much around €20 or €25 euro I think.

One last thing the trains get very packed on your way home from town if its at peak time you will be lucky to get a seat unless you get on at pearse street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

The annual rail ticket from Drogheda to Pearse Station is €1930 and the monthly ticket is €193

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

€51.50 is the exact fare I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

gipi wrote: »
    The annual rail ticket from Drogheda to Pearse Station is €1930 and the monthly ticket is €193
    but this is tax deductable

Advertisement