Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal Leave

• 16-05-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you take a peronal leave day on the last day of term does it mean you cannot get paid for the hols? (Secondary School)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Never heard of this before ...outrageous if its true ...Let me guess the principal told you when you asked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Tell me about it! Havn't had a definite decision yet but that was what she implied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

I just love the way "THEY" can quote regulations willy nilly to suit themselves and then ignore them or even make them up when they dont .....I do know that in some of the Public Sectors if you take a sickday Friday and Monday it counts as 4 days (Saturday and Sunday included )but it would have to be a heck of a Wedding /Stag/Hen/Trip Away to entail loss of three months earnings ...
    In my experience this would be very easy to arrange for management
    (probably doing inhouse exams anyway-or maybe even the kids are watching Shrek and dosing up on Coke and Crisps?Or is the Party dying out what with our WSE fearin philosophy?!)) but they fear they will open the floodgates and all the naughty staff will want 'those sort of days' off...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know in the VEC system, if I happen to be absent the last student day of May/June and also the first student day in August, then I am deemed to have been absent all the days in between.
    It's the same thing at weekends - uncertified on a Friday and the following Monday counts as four days absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

spurious wrote: »
    I know in the VEC system, if I happen to be absent the last student day of May/June and also the first student day in August, then I am deemed to have been absent all the days in between.
    It's the same thing at weekends - uncertified on a Friday and the following Monday counts as four days absence.

I was out for almost 5 months last year immediately after Christmas. I went back on the day of the school holidays as failing to do so would have meant having to have a cert for the 3 months of the holidays.

VEC's are fairly tight on what they'll allow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I am in a community school and we are not allowed to take personal days on the last day of a school term! obviously thought some schools will make an exception and try to accomodate you

Advertisement