Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where/How did you get your pets?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

We have our golden lab a year now...

My Mother in laws dog had pups and this one always came up to us. He was adorable, really white & chubby! Well we were getting our house to move into at the time and wanted to wait a while before getting a pet. One evening i was eating a sandwiche and the little get tried to take it of me, cutting my finger in the process. Now it was totally by accident but I kinda went off him for a week afterwards.

In the meantime the mother in law had advertised the pups and most was all gone (she hid our pup everytime!) and she rang my OH one day to say that someone had wanted "our pup". We talked about it and decided that we'd let him go, then that evening when we went to the house, he had heard our car coming and had come out to meet us... followed us into the house and sat at our feet all evening...... so we had to keep him

It was the best decision we ever made - he is apart of our family. He is great company to have in our new house. He thinks he owns the house, he potters around it getting up on the sofa & the bed!! And if we are away he goes up to the MIL's house (only across the field) and stays there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Found my first dog Lucky on the side of the road just outside longford and took him home. he was about 5 weeks old and had been just dumped there, it was 4am when I found him :mad:

Molly came from Limerick Animal Welfare. Saw her picture online and fell head over heels - drove down to get her two days later.

Magda (RIP) was a dog I collected with others to transport to a rescue in kilkenny. I got there, unloaded the other dogs and err... drove home with her :o

Lemar (yeah yeah I know) was in Ashton pound with his mum and three littermates, they all came home with the intention of staying till the puppies were old enough for them all to be rehomed. As it was short term we gave them all random names, the pups were lemar, danielle, zorro and steven I think! Found fab homes for three of the pups and the mum but little lemars fell through twice, by then he'd settled in so well we had to keep him :pac: Unfortunately he knew his name by then so it stuck :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

Our cat was abandoned when he was about 6 months old, probably interfered with holiday plans... The lady who found him couldn't keep him as her other cats were bullying him mercilessy. So my sister in law took him for a couple of months until they moved house and needed to part with some of the menagerie. At that point we had moved from a small flat to a house with garden and I was beginning to look for a cat. So she offered me our fellow, saying that he'd be the hardest to rehome, being deaf and more needy than other cats. He seemed to know we were talking about his future, because he was clinging on to me. He's been with us now for 3 years, the most affectionate cat I've ever had. Been out sick for a week now and he's never left my side! The 11 cats I had before him all had similar stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

We got Monty from Ash Rescue. They say he's a Lab/ Pointer mix but I reckon he's a Boxer/Staffie/Whippet/ Lab mix. He's about 1.5 years and he arrived at Ash after being locked in a shed and his "owners" moved house and left him there :eek::mad: He is such an amazing, funny little lad. Although he is incredibly wary of new people, garden tools and being outside when we are not around - but he's only put outside when were hoovering. He loves nothing more but a cuddle and he hugs you back!

Kula we got from Clondalkin Animal Aid. She was from a litter of four German Shepherds. She's 9 months old and a total brat but in the best way possible! She is so silly but protective and bossy! Loves nothing more than good play and a walk and a big bowl of food.

Having both of them around is amazing! We have already decided that we want a third dog - a Staffie, but that wont be for a while yet as we need a bigger house!

Advertisement