Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the story with a jvc gr-dvl767ek?

Options
  • 17-05-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the jvc camcoder gr-dvl767ek is any good? thinking of buying one but not sure if i can import footage to an acer aspire m3201, another thing is it second hand so i wont get the software that came with it when it was first bought, any feed back be nice. thanks

Should jvc put making camcorders down as a bad idea? 1 vote

Yeah, to many models with to many faults.
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭elyod

How much are you going to pay for it?

It seems decent for cam corder from the specs on this page

From a quick google search it seems you have a firewire port on your PC. If not you will need to buy a firewire card to add ports to your computer.

You don't really need to have the origional software. There are plenty of free alternatives to import footage off a camcorder.

If the second hand price is over 60-70 I'd recommend you get something like this for 80yoyo from Aldi. They still have them on display, and I assume for sale, in Aldi on the Headford road. Get yourself a 4 or 8 GB SD card (not expensive) and enjoy digital video in HD.

For comparison, the JVC camcorder is effectively 1 mega pixel while digital HD one is 5 mega pixels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ultain wrote: »
    whats the story with a jvc gr-dvl767ek

The story is it has nothing at all to do with Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Sound man, heard a bit about those cams in aldi, picture not meant to be great, yer man is looking for 100 squid for the jvc cam, i'll check that web address see what the craic is. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

elyod wrote: »

For comparison, the JVC camcorder is effectively 1 mega pixel while digital HD one is 5 mega pixels.

Don't mean to be picky, but HD is closer to 2mp - 1920×1080, or 2,073,600 pixels.

I'd say i'm going to go with the camcorder. Another rainy day in galway!. Anyone heard about this 14marathon thing coming up next year i think, or it could be going ahead this summer, each marathon representing one of the 14 tribes of galway, i've put my name down for it, but i think they have to have a certain amount of people before they can go ahead with it, all are around the city and surrounding area, it's a great idea

• Advertisement

Regards jvc cam post, just got the forum wrong.

Advertisement