Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain banning?

Options
  • 17-05-2009 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

7 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Trolling.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 7 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Recieved the above system message today when I logged in.
    I don't agree with the reason for the banning.

Someone telling alot of people to shut the **** up seemed rude to me and I told them to shut the fcuk up and stop ruining threads (not the first time I have seen the poster being rude and arrogant)

Were is the logic in banning someone for doing that?

If you search my posts and grab the last one on that forum you can see it.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Someone telling alot of people to shut the **** up seemed rude to me and I told them to shut the fcuk up and stop ruining threads (not the first time I have seen the poster being rude and arrogant)

Were is the logic in banning someone for doing that?.

You got just as rude as the poster who annoyed you. Hence the ban.
    What you should have done was report report.gif the post and let a Mod take care of it.

Reading the charter of a forum probably would have saved you from this ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭iDontReallyCare

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You got just as rude as the poster who annoyed you. Hence the ban.
    What you should have done was report report.gif the post and let a Mod take care of it.

Reading the charter of a forum probably would have saved you from this ban.

I think I understand were you are coming from.

What you are saying is that because I did the same thing as the poster who annoyed me I deserved to be banned. I can understand and live with that. I apologise for breaking the rules.

Surely the poster whos level that I stooped down to should have been banned also?

If I was banned for doing what they did, why are they not banned? That is the bit I cannot wrap my head around :confused:

Advertisement