Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Not that i'm averse to the idea, i would happily do it myself:) but do alot of women think that makes em viewed as being back to a childhood state, or like a protection/reassurance thing...to indicate "i'm there for you, caring always"?

Nope, it's lovely:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Mackman wrote: »
    . Angelina Jolie is NOT hot!

o

Ah here, are you blind?!! :eek: I'm a girl and I like boys - but I still would...

BumbleB wrote: »
    The trapezius , Doolee

Ouh I never noticed that.

/wonders where she will find a half clothed male. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Ouh I never noticed that.

/wonders where she will find a half clothed male. ;)

I'm just wearing shorts! :)

Which brings me back on topic.

Quirky things I like.

Girls who have nice hair! :)
    Girls who are insane, just not diagnosed as such. (Not especially that I like them, it's just that I attract them!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm just wearing shorts! :)

Girls who have nice hair! :)

How's that quirky?! :P

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    How's that quirky?! :P

Um.....eh......I dunno TBH, I just wanted to say somethign on topic!! haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

sammyb wrote: »
    oh guys with dark hair, brown or green eyes and stubble (gotta luv the stubble :) )..... If they can get a tan its a bonus. Ha.

Also a lad who is good craic, friendly and decent.

Spot on there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

subtle inuendo goes very far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Yup! Very attractive :)

I didn't like guys with muscles at all before, but now, I can definitely appreciate the hard work, ambition and effort that goes in to building up that sort of physique.

Takes a lot of dedication.

Yeah, me too actually. Amazing strength some guys have. Thought I was the only one who had a thing for that Trapezis (thanks BumbleB). Nice to know what its called. mmmmmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

A girl with a flower in her hair and a flowery dress. Yummy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fago_25 wrote: »
    A girl with a flower in her hair and a flowery dress. Yummy. :)

Oh god yeah, summer dresses are amazingly sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Nice forearms.
    Bit of hairyness.
    Ability to laugh at oneself.
    Lisps.
    Accents - Any accent from the North/Connaught/Tallaght. Heh.
    When a guy is wearing the right type of trousers and they have a decent bum.. I am an ogler!

Mmm boys. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

ashyle wrote: »
    Nice forearms.
    Bit of hairyness.
    Ability to laugh at oneself.
    Lisps.
    Accents - Any accent from the North/Connaught/Tallaght. Heh.
    When a guy is wearing the right type of trousers and they have a decent bum.. I am an ogler!

Mmm boys. :)

I'm the same on accents. I love a northern accent on a gal. Melts my legs it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I go ga ga for dimples in chin .Extremely sexy on girls.

younger lady gaga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Wavy hair, not too curly
    the lower back
    leather boots with jeans

Girls are like kryptonite to me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Teeth. I have a serious thing about teeth. A pair of straight, white and well maintained teeth is seriously like an aphrodisiac to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

beks101 wrote: »
    Teeth. I have a serious thing about teeth. A pair of straight, white and well maintained teeth is seriously like an aphrodisiac to me.

Snap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Womins in tracksuits that hug their bums. Oh jesus yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

A fúcked up sense of humour. I would totally do Sarah Silverman.

• Advertisement

A fúcked up sense of humour. I would totally do Sarah Silverman.

This with a side order of crazy please! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GoodPaddy

good skin and a nice neck

Womins in tracksuits that hug their bums. Oh jesus yes.

Oh yes, nice non skanger tracksuits now but a nice tracksuit arse is a thing to behold

I love it when a girl is sleepy in a cab home after a night out and leans against my shoulder,dunno why:) actually girls being sleepy in general is so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Here's a strange one for you, collarbones! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Girls that have 1 massive tit and 1 tiny one

PK2008 wrote: »
    Girls that have 1 massive tit and 1 tiny one

Encountered this not long ago. Freaked me the fúck out. Then I got on with it. *shrug* Defo a weird thing to find attractive though, you win the thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ha, yeah it's cute in a nerdy way....!

Unusual hobbies is defo a plus. Anything that's not the norm really, even down to where they like to eat... After breaking up with an ex once, I decided to do something unusual and picked up swing dancing. Absolutely SLICK.

Also love a girl who'll throw random movie/tv/book quotes around in general conversation. Biggest attraction.
    That's mad: I swing dance (haven't been in ages, admittedly) and I quote things all the time. I absolutely love words: I quote books, plays, poems, and especially, song lyrics. I get self-conscious about it sometimes because I've been accused of showing off before :(I can't help it though - beautiful expressions stay in my head. Hence the sig :o

Back o/t! Things I like -
    Guys who do interesting things with their eyebrows. Some guys have a way of looking at you from under their eyebrows. Gets me every time.
    Tall guys, and inter-related quirks - having to go on tip toes to kiss him. Being kissed on the forehead. I'm 5' 8" and I tend to go for guys a couple of inches taller than me.
    Good huggers. I love hugs! Another reason why I like taller guys.
    Guys in shirts and waistcoats.
    Converse.
    Foodies. I love food and cooking and eating out, and I devote quite a bit of time to the latter two activities!
    Glasses, and the nerdy look in general. V-neck jumpers are good.
    Good manners.
    Guys I can debate with, and especially guys who take an interest, even a passing interest, in what's going on in the world.
    Guys who can dance.
    Guys who share my love of the Harry Potter books and films.
    Guys who use proper punctuation and spelling in texts/ emails.

Wow, that's long list! I have surprised myself!

Hermione* wrote: »
    That's mad: I swing dance (haven't been in ages, admittedly) and I quote things all the time. I absolutely love words: I quote books, plays, poems, and especially, song lyrics. I get self-conscious about it sometimes because I've been accused of showing off before :(I can't help it though - beautiful expressions stay in my head. Hence the sig :o

Back o/t! Things I like -
    Guys who do interesting things with their eyebrows. Some guys have a way of looking at you from under their eyebrows. Gets me every time.
    Tall guys, and inter-related quirks - having to go on tip toes to kiss him. Being kissed on the forehead. I'm 5' 8" and I tend to go for guys a couple of inches taller than me.
    Good huggers. I love hugs! Another reason why I like taller guys.
    Guys in shirts and waistcoats.
    Converse.
    Foodies. I love food and cooking and eating out, and I devote quite a bit of time to the latter two activities!
    Glasses, and the nerdy look in general. V-neck jumpers are good.
    Good manners.
    Guys I can debate with, and especially guys who take an interest, even a passing interest, in what's going on in the world.
    Guys who can dance.
    Guys who share my love of the Harry Potter books and films.

Wow, that's long list! I have surprised myself!

Awesome. If I were taller and liked Harry Potter, I'd pretty much be your perfect man. Cheesy grin, anyone?! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I like a guy with big/strong arms!
    Strange maybe... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Broad shoulders and cowlicks (is that what the weird uncontrolled curl is called? :o) I figure ultimately I'll end up with a rugby player/farmer...

Awesome. If I were taller and liked Harry Potter, I'd pretty much be your perfect man. Cheesy grin, anyone?! ;)
    No way! Ah, but doesn't everyone know the perfect man (or woman!) doesn't exist anyway ;)

No way! Ah, but doesn't everyone know the perfect man (or woman!) doesn't exist anyway ;)

To paraphrase: They just haven't met me yet!

:P

To paraphrase: They just haven't met me yet!

:P
    Love that song! 'Tis great consolation after a break-up ;) Mr Buble has great style. Another quirk I like :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Bublé has sticky out ears... Another turn on :P

He does? Hero anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Unusual or crooked teeth, especially when they kinda cross over at the front. And dreadlocks. And a man with talent, especially in music

His ears look pretty normal to me! Saw him last year in Donnybrook and he's fab. I love the way he can mock himself. So cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

girl with faraway look in her eyes, penny for your thoughts lady! ...yum:)

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Broad shoulders and cowlicks (is that what the weird uncontrolled curl is called? :o) I figure ultimately I'll end up with a rugby player/farmer...

Or Superman:D

I love how girls look in shlumpy clothes, you know their around the house, baggy jammie pants, hoody, hair tied up, big pair of slippers, its ****ing adorable:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

krudler wrote: »

Sure any one I wind up with is bound to be my own personal Superman....:P:D

(yeah, I may have laid it on a litlle thick there :o )

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »

I love how girls look in shlumpy clothes, you know their around the house, baggy jammie pants, hoody, hair tied up, big pair of slippers, its ****ing adorable:)

sounds like a scanger to me..no thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I LOVE short muscly men. I just think they're so cute and manly at the same time. I'm only 5 ft 3" so all short men are still taller than me haha.

This is how bad I am about it: We were in a pub and my friend points at this tall lad and goes 'oh he's gorgeous', and I was like *shrug* yeahhhh whatever, then he moved out of the way to reveal his small friend with a body like an adonis, and my eyes lit up!! Got his number and have just started seeing him now!:D I've such a weakness for small muscly men, can't resist em.

Colpriz wrote: »
    sounds like a scanger to me..no thanks!

Dont remember asking your opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Mmm. I'm a sucker for a guy who punctuates perfectly and can spell.

I absolutely love art and creativity ,I love Dance , Art ,Architecture ,Music ,Lyrics and Poetry .

women who can talk about any aspect of art. I recently had a conversation with an american girl about Monet.

women who can strut their stuff on the floor.

women who wear converse with dresses .

women who don't watch rubbish like x factor and reality Tv.

women with a wicked intelligent sense of humour.

I'm impressed with attractive girls who aren't afraid to be unattractive , like dressing up as a zombie for halloween.

women who aren't offended by guy movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i like crotch muscles , and when mens backs are wide at the top and get narrower to there itsy bity bums!

swimmers shoulders :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I absolutely love art and creativity ,I love Dance , Art ,Architecture ,Music ,Lyrics and Poetry .

+ 1.

I think it's really impressive when people take an interest in all things creative.
    Makes for interesting conversation and imo, shows a certain level of depth.

Liked your point about girls in Hallowe'en costumes too!
    Reminds me of that scene in Mean Girls, when Cady shows up, dressed as a zombie bride and (most of) the other girls are dressed in teeny tiny outfits, trying to look sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Novella wrote: »
    Mmm. I'm a sucker for a guy who punctuates perfectly and can spell.

God it's so pathetic, but a guy who has a way with words when it comes to texts or emails makes me weak at the knees.

And it doesn't matter how hot he is, a 'howr u?' 'dat sounds gr8' or infamous 'LOL' and the mood has truly died...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

beks101 wrote: »
    God it's so pathetic, but a guy who has a way with words when it comes to texts or emails makes me weak at the knees.

And it doesn't matter how hot he is, a 'howr u?' 'dat sounds gr8' or infamous 'LOL' and the mood has truly died...

lol never thought about this...over IMs it doesnt bother me but in texts I do prefer proper english! :p Altho it wouldn't think oh god thats it he said 'lol' :D

women who can talk about any aspect of art. I recently had a conversation with an american girl about Monet.

women who can strut their stuff on the floor.

women who wear converse with dresses .

women who don't watch rubbish like x factor and reality Tv.

women with a wicked intelligent sense of humour.

I'm impressed with attractive girls who aren't afraid to be unattractive , like dressing up as a zombie for halloween.

women who aren't offended by guy movies.

Whoa! What a list..good luck with it..but I seriously think you are looking for a mirror image of yourself..

• Advertisement
Advertisement