Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

i'd just would like someone who is fun to be around and more importantly wants to spend time with me.

that's just too ****ing difficult to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Jemmy wrote: »
    Altho it wouldn't think oh god thats it he said 'lol' :D

That's the problem...I would!

And I wonder why I'm single...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

Jemmy wrote: »
    lol never thought about this...over IMs it doesnt bother me but in texts I do prefer proper english! :p Altho it wouldn't think oh god thats it he said 'lol' :D

that's quite odd. i'd expect full proper english over an IM or on a message board and be more relaxed with a text message, after all there's a limit. but then again i plainly won't reply to messages that i have to get my sister to decipher for me.
    beks101 wrote: »
    That's the problem...I would!

And I wonder why I'm single...

my only problem with 'lol' is that it's over used, i hate over used phrases.

and you're single because you don't want to settle for someone who you don't get on with. what's the point going out with someone who can't even construct proper sentences etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

God it's so pathetic, but a guy who has a way with words when it comes to texts or emails makes me weak at the knees.

And it doesn't matter how hot he is, a 'howr u?' 'dat sounds gr8' or infamous 'LOL' and the mood has truly died...

Ha my ex used to give out that my texts were too long, "There's no need for apostrophes in a text!" I used to drive her mad as she was one of the "hi hw r u 2day?" texters, whereas mine were like essays :D

krudler wrote: »
    I used to drive her mad as she was one of the "hi hw r u 2day?" texters, whereas mine were like essays :D

Oh I'm fully convinced I wouldn't spend half the credit I do if I didn't insist on spelling out every damn word, apostrophes, commas, semi-colons and dashes included. I've even been known to fix and re-send texts that had a typo in them just because I actually wouldn't sleep at night otherwise...I think it's an illness. A mixture of OCD and acute nerd-itis, maybe...

I need to get me a hot male nerd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Oh I'm fully convinced I wouldn't spend half the credit I do if I didn't insist on spelling out every damn word, apostrophes, commas, semi-colons and dashes included. I've even been known to fix and re-send texts that had a typo in them just because I actually wouldn't sleep at night otherwise...I think it's an illness. A mixture of OCD and acute nerd-itis, maybe...

Free texts are your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Yeah since free texts I have never not spelled a text properly or checked to see if I have gone over the 140 characters. However I am guilty of just writing 't' instead of 'to', eg 'I'm going t work', but I am from Tallaght...

On a related note I love a guy that reads but they are few and far between :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

You and me both, m'dear ;)

I also really like guys who are into music, not simply whatever crap pop is in the charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

Hermione* wrote: »
    You and me both, m'dear ;)

I also really like guys who are into music, not simply whatever crap pop is in the charts.

I'll be your music nerd muse guy:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Okay people, please lay off the chatting up and pick up lines, this isn't a dating site.

Please have a read of the charter to get a better understanding of what this forum is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Colpriz wrote: »
    Whoa! What a list..good luck with it..but I seriously think you are looking for a mirror image of yourself..

Its not a list .Even one of those things is enough.My own hobbies are creative so thats the way I roll.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

booyah1024 wrote: »
    that's quite odd. i'd expect full proper english over an IM or on a message board and be more relaxed with a text message, after all there's a limit. but then again i plainly won't reply to messages that i have to get my sister to decipher for me.

Over a message boards such as this I would expect proper english, this text speak sometimes is like arabic to me I've no idea what it means! I sound about 50, I'm only 24 :o, I get texts from my sister and I think eh what?!

Tbh I'd prefer proper english but it would never be a deal breaker, sure I use shortened words myself at times!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

BumbleB wrote: »
    Its not a list .Even one of those things is enough.My own hobbies are creative so thats the way I roll.:D

There's no harm in looking for someone who's a mirror image of yourself either.
    Having stuff in common is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

God it's so pathetic, but a guy who has a way with words when it comes to texts or emails makes me weak at the knees.

And it doesn't matter how hot he is, a 'howr u?' 'dat sounds gr8' or infamous 'LOL' and the mood has truly died...

That's not pathetic at all.

I know a guy and sometimes I have to Google words he sends in text messages just to double check their meaning so I don't look like an idiot! :pac: Seriously, it is the hottest thing ever!

:o

Silverfish wrote: »
    There's no harm in looking for someone who's a mirror image of yourself either.
    Having stuff in common is important.

thanks,
    As an afterthought ,it really is a mirror image of me ,weird :confused:.by the way I dont wear dresses though.;)

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    That's not pathetic at all.

I know a guy and sometimes I have to Google words he sends in text messages just to double check their meaning so I don't look like an idiot! :pac: Seriously, it is the hottest thing ever!

:o

But when you get a heap of them together with no punctuation,ya might as well be reading cyrillic .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Short haired gals are hot. Not shaved though. Unusual hair altogether actually.

Also women who are musically talented I always find attractive. It shows creativity. I like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Colpriz

BumbleB wrote: »
    thanks,
    As an afterthought ,it really is a mirror image of me ,weird :confused:.by the way I dont wear dresses though.;)

wasnt having a go at you earlier mate, just sounds nearly too good to be true! If ya find her ask her if she has any similar female mates for me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Wow didn`t realise that so many people found glasses so attractive! Looks like I`ll keep mine so :)

Dunno if this is quirky but I love girls in tights. Like a cute laugh,like someone who loves all sorts of music. Some girls can look amazing in glasses,northern accents. And dyed red hair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

G86 wrote: »
    Ah here, are you blind?!! :eek: I'm a girl and I like boys - but I still would...

i can see the attraction, kinda, but not for me at all.

Amy Adams on the other hand, mmmm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

stubble
    messy hair
    nice hands - I always notice hands

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

After reading this thread I've decided to wear my glasses out on a night out. I only need them to see what's in the distant and use them mainly for college and tv but I'll try it out.

Edit: Forgot to put what quirky things I like.

- Braces
    - Own individual style/look
    - Love tights!
    - Cute smile
    - Intelligence
    - Cute laugh
    - Likes 'nerdy' things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

The way she sleeps. It's mental but adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I have these!

Funny but quiet.

Veins on a guys arms... if they stick out slightly.

If the hip bone sticks out slightly....so if he's tallish and lean, a bit of muscle but not too much. Perfection.

Hands, long fingers!

After reading this thread I've decided to wear my glasses out on a night out. I only need them to see what's in the distant and use them mainly for college and tv but I'll try it out.

Edit: Forgot to put what quirky things I like.

- Braces
    - Own individual style/look
    - Love tights!
    - Cute smile
    - Intelligence
    - Cute laugh
    - Likes 'nerdy' things

Great minds think alike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Any bits that they have got that I have not got are quirky to me.

So thems the quirky bits I like:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I wanna say things like musical talent, but thats not really quirky is it?

Double jointed fingers, if they can do one of those "hey look what I can do!," that makes everyone go :eek: ..love it :D

Also, a bump on the bridge of the nose. The kind that when you watch the cosmetic surgery shows all the girls are having fixed, even if theyre barely noticable :confused:

A graceful run.. really dunno about this one, but there was a girl I went to school with, I couldnt keep my eyes off her when she was running laps.. and my eyes werent even fixed on either of the 2 body parts you'd think they would :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Girls that love Family Guy and Southpark....don't know if that's quirky but so many girls that I've met hate one or both of them so I love when I hear a girl crack a Family Guy or Southpark joke or line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I love braces on a guy, I think they look really cute and glasses!
    And a guy that likes nerd-ish things like Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter/Family guy/The inbetweeners :D
    Oh and Converse/Vans. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

thatone! wrote: »
    I love braces on a guy, I think they look really cute and glasses!
    And a guy that likes nerd-ish things like Lord of the RingsFamily guy/The inbetweeners :D
    Oh and Converse/Vans. :cool:
    These things are not nerdy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 notsureatall

I find guys upper arms really attractive.They don't have to be full of muscle but a hint of them being toned and I'm instantly attracted.wierd I know!:o
    I also love when your talking to someone and there all passionate about what there saying,even if its something stupid like favourite football team and how their doing in a league/championship,so cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

A guy that can raise one eyebrow

Orla K wrote: »

And make coffee with the other.

That's really odd. Can anyone not raise one eyebrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Fago_25 wrote: »
    And make coffee with the other.

That's really odd. Can anyone not raise one eyebrow?

I can't I just end up looking weird

Orla K wrote: »
    My sister can,its quite spectacular really .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 edvedfan

i really like guys shoulders when they go in that whole v formation, broad at the top and in at the waist. Not if they are like body building broad though... that's just gross.

When you get to know a guy and people think hes sh*t cool, and you get to know this hidden goofy side!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I like girls with nice full round shoulders. There's something ultra feminine about them. And well-cared-for fingernails, they're a must! Also, girls who wear those leggings that are very 'in' at the moment - i find them instantly attractive.

I like girls who speak different languages ,there's nothing like a bit of suggestive flirting in a foreign tongue and nobody has a clue what youre saying .:D

*Mon petit chou fleur, Vous êtes la fille la plus belle du monde.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Very Large,strong hands with clean nails.
    Kind and good with animals and children.
    Really hearty chuckle,and laughter tears are a bonus-so endearing.:)
    Ability to cook.
    A strong interest and passion about something-be it space,nature,music-whatever as long as very enthusiastic and like to talk about it.
    Playfulness and ability to just be silly and have a laugh without fear of not looking "cool".
    Dirty sense of humour.
    Holding my hand when out.
    Very friendly and makes effort to get to know new people and help them feel welcome in group of friends.
    Respectful to people like my mum,family,and older people.
    His face and sound of his breathing when sleeping.
    Encouraging and supportive of my dreams for future.
    Ability to make me laugh-a lot.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Double jointed fingers, if they can do one of those "hey look what I can do!," that makes everyone go :eek: ..love it :D

Like such? Doesn't work half as well when I'm friggen freezing my ass off though. *sits on fingers* :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

skywards wrote: »
    Like such? Doesn't work half as well when I'm friggen freezing my ass off though. *sits on fingers* :o

Holy **** thats weird looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Holy **** thats weird looking!

*smirk*

What can I say, I have a 3 second attention span and double jointed fingers :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

skywards wrote: »

I used to be able to do that...

Damn youthfulness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 esporanza

Oh, I like artists. Of any sort. Singer, painter, musician. Hell, if a girl draws stick figures with a passion it's still a turn-on. Anything creative!
    g-i ljke guys that paint:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pennethus

Things I like in a guy: I suppose I would agree with things like a nice back, and them being bigger than me. Girls like being made feel small and secure despite saying otherwise most of the time!

My Mam says I have thing about fat guys, I say it's just a coincidence. :o

I dunno, I tend to end up with guys who are not at all like the ones that catch my eye on the street! On the street: They look quiet, read a book, wear big earphones (means they like music), messy hair, scrawny, and do not wear skinny jeans!

As for that double jointed thing? That's makes me shudder just to think about! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭SubrbanOblivion

There's a million and one things I love about my OH, but to name a few..

His eyes change color(green, hazel or blueish depending on the day). Weird, but really neat.

Black curly hair which he hates, but I adore and always try to get him to grow longer.

The way he kisses me. I'd marry him for that alone. *sigh*

His very dry, sarcastic sense of humor.

The way he gets in a group and takes charge. Amazing to watch because I'm not as outgoing.

Going to quit running on now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I love hands!
    If a guy has a really nice pair of hands and arms then.............*drool*

My boyfriend's a drummer and his arms are quite toned and muscular (yum! :p) and he has really nice hands.

I also love a nice back. If it's strong and shapely then it's all good.........*more drool*

*runs off to find boyfriend*

Someone who:

Is a really quiet girl, has a brilliant sense of humour, who's as crazy as I am, a geek/rocker chick, wears braces and glasses, isn't a skanger...

Also, oddly, I love a high pitched voice.

Edit: Dammit, flicking through this thread and noticed I already posted this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I love hands!
    If a guy has a really nice pair of hands and arms then.............*drool*

My boyfriend's a drummer and his arms are quite toned and muscular (yum! :p) and he has really nice hands.

+1 :p

Also, I love it when a guys eyes crinkle up when he smiles... gets me every time.

Thought of another one...

A guy with a really deep, sort of throaty, sexy laugh, it's ridiculously hot.
    The guy who sits across from me at work has the most unbelievably sexy laugh, and he laughs a lot...it's pretty hard to get things done! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement