Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I love hands!
    If a guy has a really nice pair of hands and arms then.............*drool*

My boyfriend's a drummer and his arms are quite toned and muscular (yum! :p) and he has really nice hands.

I also love a nice back. If it's strong and shapely then it's all good.........*more drool*

*runs off to find boyfriend*

Ooooh, drummers. Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

hm quirks? i guess an attractive face isn't exactly a quirk is it??

accents are my big thing. american/canadian/english/aussie boys make up 90% of my repertoire.

also, when a guy is feminist it means +100 cool points instantly. or even if they don't identify as feminist but still have intelligent things to say about gender in society. big turn on.

i guess this doesn't qualify as a quirk of theirs exactly, but the feeling of wearing a tshirt/hoody belonging to a boy you like...is really nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i guess this doesn't qualify as a quirk of theirs exactly, but the feeling of wearing a tshirt/hoody belonging to a boy you like...is really nice :)

god yes, if women ever find out the power they hold over a man by wearing one of his hoodys and socks and nothing else and just pottering about the house, good lord...we're done for:D

I love when my missus cuddles up to me and pulls me arm over her during the night, we'd cuddle and fall asleep and then drift away during the night, I love waking up and finding shes over on the other side of the bed then dozily spooning up behind her, not waking her but she knows I've done it and squishes into me, gets me all warm and fuzzy inside:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jen-

Hair!! and shoes. that might sound shallow, but you can tell alot about people from there shoes. And if someone says says something a bit off the cuff or a quirky opinion or theory on somthing, that they wouldnt usually say to a new person, then thats cool, cuz it means they are comfortable, and then you can relax too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Krudler! That is the cutest thing!

I used to love that when i had himself to cuddle up to... sniff sniff!

Anyway my quirky thing is like others have said an accent... Im all about the country accents! Anywhere but dublin and you have won me already!:o

Also, Im mad about the bold eyes... I have bold eyes Im told but it is something i look for in a guy.

Hmmm what else, quirks.... hmmm. Oh nice hands, yep! Thats a must and must not be skinnier then me! I do not need to feel like a ten ton tessy in the bedroom, thank you very much!

Oh another quirk, gotta have a loud laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love guys who are really passionate about something, like really and truly, and can talk about it for ages and know all these tiny things that no one else would really know. Gets me every time.

I like guys who are emotional too. Is that strange? I dunno. It just bugs me when guys can't admit something has hurt them or whatever. So I like a guy who is emotionally in tune with himself and not afraid to express how he feels either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Hmm . . . quirks. I guess I have this thing about accents; anyone with an accent different from the "normal" ones in my area immediately holds my attention (well for a while at least). It doesn't have to be foreign, just different.

Also I absolutely love that sort of mischievous/cheeky smile some guys have. You know when their eyes crinkle up at the corners and they look like they were caught doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Oh jeez, I could melt. <3

Oh yeah, glasses tend to be a plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sarah** wrote: »
    Krudler! That is the cutest thing!

Aw shucks:o dont mention that in the ranting and raving forum though, I have an angry facade I have to maintain:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

krudler wrote: »
    god yes, if women ever find out the power they hold over a man by wearing one of his hoodys and socks and nothing else and just pottering about the house, good lord...we're done for:D

I love when my missus cuddles up to me and pulls me arm over her during the night, we'd cuddle and fall asleep and then drift away during the night, I love waking up and finding shes over on the other side of the bed then dozily spooning up behind her, not waking her but she knows I've done it and squishes into me, gets me all warm and fuzzy inside:)

*Unbelievably jealous*

Em, sporty girls I'm attracted to. Because normally the situation is that a girl what plays gaelic or is some sort of fitness nut doesn't just take part in the activity, they are usually reeeeeely passionate about it. That shows they're passionate about other things in their life (In my experience) and that touches on what Novella said a few posts back.

Also, I recently realised I have a fondness for musicians and emos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I think its gas the first time your meetin up with someone,
    its awkward..

if that makes sense?
    like your running through things in your head before doing it,
    sayin ''gwan, gwan'' in your head, then thinking ''ugh, why didnt i just go for it''
    hahaha

and when your used to them and totaly comfortable you dont think, you do haha

(i know this has nothing to do with discussing what i like in the opposite sex:o)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭doohan

Very Large,strong hands with clean nails.
    Kind and good with animals and children.
    Really hearty chuckle,and laughter tears are a bonus-so endearing.:)
    Ability to cook.
    A strong interest and passion about something-be it space,nature,music-whatever as long as very enthusiastic and like to talk about it.
    Playfulness and ability to just be silly and have a laugh without fear of not looking "cool".
    Dirty sense of humour.
    Holding my hand when out.
    Very friendly and makes effort to get to know new people and help them feel welcome in group of friends.
    Respectful to people like my mum,family,and older people.
    His face and sound of his breathing when sleeping.
    Encouraging and supportive of my dreams for future.
    Ability to make me laugh-a lot.:)

That is everything that my gf loves about me!!! Is that you K?? Is it?Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

I love woman who have the same tastes as me like scrubs and the simpsons and be able to quote stupid quotes with me!

I love a rural girl who can chat farmer talk for the craic!

A girl who loves sport!

A girl who is confidant in herself and is not afraid to make the first move...

A girl who I can click with and just enjoy spenting time with..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭eevyhayes

My OH has what he calls a 'nobbely elbow'. He got this kind of dent in his elbow after he broke it a couple of years ago playing football...he's not a big fan of it but i love it! He always makes fun of his own inperfections which is a realy funny and endearing thing about him. I love the inperfections about him.

Also...I love his rosey cheeks and the hair guys get around their bellybutton down towards their...eh... 'fun parts' :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Polar Girl

My Oh loves cars. Knows everything about them and sometimes he sees a car and he gets excited and says what it is and every single detail of its engine and all that. he looks at me as if I should be impressed and I love that! I can't really explain it but there is something so cool about the fact that he tells me all this stuff even though I don't know what he is talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

eevyhayes wrote: »
    My OH has what he calls a 'nobbely elbow'. He got this kind of dent in his elbow after he broke it a couple of years ago playing football...he's not a big fan of it but i love it! He always makes fun of his own inperfections which is a realy funny and endearing thing about him. I love the inperfections about him.

Also...I love his rosey cheeks and the hair guys get around their bellybutton down towards their...eh... 'fun parts' :o

I love your spelling inperfections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

I love the way my OH has little crinkles by his eyes when he smiles :P
    Also he randomly bursts into song and uses simpsons quotes to back up something that has happened in real life :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I love the accent guys from the Gaeltacht have when they speak English. It's obvious that they're from the fíor Ghaeltacht and that Irish is their frist language.
    I also love a guy who appreciates my knowledge of GAA! Dont patronise me coz Im a girl :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

It's not quirky but today I was reminded how hot drummers are! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm more a fan of bass players myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It's not quirky but today I was reminded how hot drummers are! :D
    Twee. wrote: »
    I'm more a fan of bass players myself ;)

Any instrumentalists are hawt.

Any instrumentalists are hawt.

I love Pianists.

heh heh heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Has to have a peachy bum :)

mmm delish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I love a man in snickers trousers or a suit :)

From one extreme to the other :rolleyes:

Misticles wrote: »
    Has to have a peachy bum :)

mmm delish :D

I'd rarely see a lad with a flat bum*. I'm always getting complimented on mine, even lads would say "The hole on you fago"

*That sounded mad ghey.

Fago! wrote: »
    I'd rarely see a lad with a flat bum*. I'm always getting complimented on mine, even lads would say "The hole on you fago"

*That sounded mad ghey.

Alot of men have little flat bums :eek:

• Advertisement

Alot of men have little flat bums :eek:

Really? Hmmm. Odd.

I love a northern accent on a girl. Oh aye!

Fago! wrote: »
    Really? Hmmm. Odd.

I love a northern accent on a girl. Oh aye!

Yeah - they are probably wearing the wrong type of jeans though!

Oh I LOVE a man with a northern or scottish accent yummy :D

Yeah - they are probably wearing the wrong type of jeans though!

Oh I LOVE a man with a northern or scottish accent yummy :D

My mam ruined the scottish accent by having it.

If anyone screams STEPHEN in that accent, I assume I'm in trouble or have to go buy milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

scottish accent on the wimmins, yowzer!
    or the northern accent,
    BUT NOT THE LOUTH ACCENT!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Oh and I also like a guy who wears well fitting jeans or who wears a suit well. Usually aided by a nice bum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Barcode

i like guys hands, just the fact that are normally way bigger than mine they intrigue me :o and i also love if they have freckles on their nose and cheeks you know those little cute freckles that you have to be really close to them to see haha i also like a bit of chest hair..........manly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Upper arms - love them nice and muscely!!
    Teeth and bum!!

Lots and lots of guys (my skinny arsed brother included) have no bums or are totally flat :(

Sparkley blue eyes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I love the way this thread is still going! :D

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but a man who can cook always impresses me!
    It's nice if someone can make you a nice meal from scratch ... shows a great deal of effort and patience :)

I love the way this thread is still going! :D

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but a man who can cook always impresses me!
    It's nice if someone can make you a nice meal from scratch ... shows a great deal of effort and patience :)

Men who know how to clean up after themselves too.
    It is like..... wtf!.....rawr!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Men who know how to clean up after themselves too.
    It is like..... wtf!.....rawr!

Well that goes for wimmin and men. Slobs are horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I can't remember what I posted in here last time, but I like nice collarbones and straight/white teeth.

Also, I swoon over very tall men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Reincarbonated

Novella wrote: »
    I love guys who are really passionate about something, like really and truly, and can talk about it for ages and know all these tiny things that no one else would really know. Gets me every time.

I like guys who are emotional too. Is that strange? I dunno. It just bugs me when guys can't admit something has hurt them or whatever. So I like a guy who is emotionally in tune with himself and not afraid to express how he feels either.

I totally agree! It's so nice to just listen to people talk about something they're passionate about!

And the emotional thing, just because it builds so much trust!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have a friend from Connemara and hearing him speak Irish makes me MELT! But the way he speak english is just as savage ;) he still had the blás even though he's not speaking Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I can't remember what I posted in here last time, but I like nice collarbones and straight/white teeth.

Also, I swoon over very tall men.

Mine broke (from saving a kitten from a tree obviously) so they're at right angles :(
    This a bad thing to all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Mine broke (from saving a kitten from a tree obviously) so they're at right angles :(
    This a bad thing to all?

nope, over-ruled by saving the kitten from the tree!

or even if you like cats in general, never trust anyone who doesn't like cats :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

This a bad thing to all?

Actually I like mended ones :o

I love the way they tend to be a bit different after they've been broken! God I'm a bit weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Me too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

*shudders*

I like broad shoulders. Makes me feel protected!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I like a girl who reads. :)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I have a friend from Connemara and hearing him speak Irish makes me MELT! But the way he speak english is just as savage ;) he still had the blás even though he's not speaking Irish!

Im the exact same. makes me weak at the knees. Gotta love the blás

I love reading ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rubyroof

I absolutely love jutty out hip bones! YUMMERS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Actually screw straight, white teeth and saving kittens from trees...there's nothing hotter than a well-read man.

What usually follows is an articulate guy who can string a sentence together quite eloquently...there's a guy in work who sends out well-worded, witty emails with meticulous spelling etc and my God does it make me swoon.

Me a nerd :o

Advertisement