Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

emo!! wrote: »
    also if you ever see some randomer staring at your shoes , its prolly me! haha, can tell a lot from shoes!!

You dont by any chance live in cork do you? xD some one was staring at my shoes for a whole bus ride :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Lol no :pac:!

must be more like me then haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Haha soon ye will take over the world :-P was fun messing up her concentration tho! I rly wanted to take of my shoe to see if she would follow it :-P

must of been really nice shoes haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah I'm a shoe person too, it's weird isn't it? Didn't think people noticed when I looked at their shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

a;so if you ever see some randomer staring at your shoes , its prolly me! haha, can tell a lot from shoes!!
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Yeah I'm a shoe person too, it's weird isn't it? Didn't think people noticed when I looked at their shoes.
    /wanders off to ask certain boardsies what size shoe they wear :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Sugarlessfifi

A quirky thing I love about my boyfriend is the way he makes like.. puppy noises when he wants attention or when I've said something remotely offensive, it's just so cute and gives me butterflies when he does it.

Together almost a year and he still gives me butterflies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A quirky thing I love about my boyfriend is the way he makes like.. puppy noises when he wants attention or when I've said something remotely offensive, it's just so cute and gives me butterflies when he does it.

Oh jesus no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

SDooM wrote: »
    Or a lady who is more intelligent than me. (Admittedly not difficult)

This. I really dig anyone who's smarter than me, male or female. Or anyone who can make me laugh, which really isn't that difficult.

Both things are commonplace becuase I'm a jolly imbecile but it's nice to encounter them regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

a;so if you ever see some randomer staring at your shoes , its prolly me! haha, can tell a lot from shoes!!

There isn't normally vomit on my shoes mind. I accidentally landed in a puddle of it hopping off the bus that day.
    :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

one thing that just melt's me is seeing a man being caring towards child or early person when they think no one's watching

and good manners is another one lads you'll get away with so much if you have manners

This. I really dig anyone who's smarter than me, male or female. Or anyone who can make me laugh, which really isn't that difficult.

Both things are commonplace becuase I'm a jolly imbecile but it's nice to encounter them regardless.

I like it when they're intelligent, but don't act snobby about it, dated a guy who was intelligent, but because of it he'd condescend on me a lot and I hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I like it when they're intelligent, but don't act snobby about it, dated a guy who was intelligent, but because of it he'd condescend on me a lot and I hated it.

No offense, but :D.
    Do you feed your new boyfriend Pedigree Chum ?

Sounds like the new boyfriend would be more annoying than your old one IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

honey79 wrote: »
    and good manners is another one lads you'll get away with so much if you have manners

Oh man, good manners... good manners totally do it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

honey79 wrote: »

Opened many a door for me

/wanders off to ask certain boardsies what size shoe they wear :pac:

Thats a myth :D

I like strong used man hands, the kind that have been broadened and roughened from hard and dirty work.

That little exposed v of neck becoming chest left by an open collared shirt. Esepecially if it suggests a very hairy chest, and the shirt is giving off that clean I've made an effort for you smell. Although watching beads of sweat trickle down that v also has it merits :D

Cornflower blue eyes, that sparkle. Moonbabys answer to kryptonite. I try not to look directly at the them, it doesnt help. :(

Cigr was just talking about how Irish men have a tendancy to do kind and thoughtful things, in a discreet way. Not looking for any attention or brownie points. I find that quality very appealing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thats a myth :D
    Yep go for small feet. Nothing grows in the shade.....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Please don't stare at my shoes - I have to wear man shoes :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

Cigr was just talking about how Irish men have a tendancy to do kind and thoughtful things, in a discreet way. Not looking for any attention or brownie points. I find that quality very appealing.
    ;) its a very appealing quality for the irish male....bravo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

When did glasses on a guy become sexy? Why did no one tell me? I've just decided to get fuggin contacts!

EDIT: Also, this is my first post in here... Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

dark messy messy hair and bright blue eyes, I'm no match, gets my attention every time

No offense, but :D.
    Do you feed your new boyfriend Pedigree Chum ?

Sounds like the new boyfriend would be more annoying than your old one IMO.

Nah my 'new' boyfriend just fits with me, we've got a click if you know what I mean, my old one would just brag about how much better he was than everyone else, and he'd get really annoyed at me if I said he wasn't amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

When did glasses on a guy become sexy? Why did no one tell me? I've just decided to get fuggin contacts!

newsflash: geek chic is hot.
    further bulletins as events warrant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Glasses are very sexy!
    They highlight the eyes and just... rawwwr! haha :D

I say keep your glasses for special occasions! - Keep them alongside the handcuffs ;)

As for the big debate on shoes - shoes are very important!
    I like Vans a lot. Nice skate ones. Those pointed Russell Brand-esque boots are hideous! Put me right off a guy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Glasses are very sexy!

+1

and i just love it when you're kissing a guy and he/you take off his glasses, and you get that first look directly into his eyes.... swoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

It's a cliche, but it's true- I love guys with a sense of humor, that aren't afraid to take the piss out of themselves, or me, even! Something very sexy about comedians! *swoon*

Physically, I love big arms- and if they play guitar too? Noice. :D

jenizzle wrote: »
    Please don't stare at my shoes - I have to wear man shoes :o
    i'll try not to , but i really cant help it,

and just out of noseiness (sp >.<) whys?!

sam34 wrote: »
    +1

and i just love it when you're kissing a guy and he/you take off his glasses, and you get that first look directly into his eyes.... swoon :D

Yes! Aww.

I was kissing a guy before, really, really passionate kiss - after we'd stopped, he took off his glasses and cleaned them because they'd gotten all fogged up!
    I thought that was so cute!
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Glasses on a female are definitly uber sexy.The first night I met my last GF she was wearing hers and I fell for her on the spot.

Ive always had a thing for sharply dressed women,hair tied up,business suit (plus the glasses)etc,sort of librarianish,rrroooaaarrr.

Also,a woman in over sized pajamas,no make up.I find them to be at their most vunerable and real like that,I just melt.:o

• Advertisement

On men I've never met before.
    Tall guys.
    Broad Shoulders
    Dark hair
    Green eyes

Absolutely love those, and if I find out more and find out they like video games and are sort of nerds, it's just like "Omg yay"

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

A girl wearing a hat has something so sexy about her. Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, a girl who is natural. No make up. Its great :D

I have to agree. The best type of girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, a girl who is natural. No make up. Its great :D

Yeah, my boyfriend told me this a while ago and I just couldn't understand it. Still don't.

Teeth are a thing for me too, even with braces.
    And some sort of weird thing. Fo example, my ex had these strange scarred lumps of skin on his chest and I thought they were lovely and just loved the uniqueness of them (if you know what I mean!). But then he said he was going to get laser treatment ot remove them. I did not approve :)

Glasses are very sexy!

I say keep your glasses for special occasions! - Keep them alongside the handcuffs ;)

As for the big debate on shoes - shoes are very important!
    I like Vans a lot. Nice skate ones. Those pointed Russell Brand-esque boots are hideous! Put me right off a guy!

Eh, yep. I'll be doing that now I reckon!

I actually also really like glasses on a girl, its really sexy. But.... when I kiss a girl with glasses, our glasses clash and its really nerdy.... Haha. But it's defo hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

now that you mention it, i've noticed a positive response when i wear my glasses

will have to do it more often :D

I actually also really like glasses on a girl, its really sexy. But.... when I kiss a girl with glasses, our glasses clash and its really nerdy....

That's so cute!
    :D
    That made me pretty happy, reading that right there!
    How sad am I? :pac:

Oh, another thing I like - a guy with interesting, unusual hobbies. Always find original interests a positive thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Love

big veiny man hands

Long Hair

Someone who can sing - wouldn't matter what they looked like with a good voice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Eh, yep. I'll be doing that now I reckon!

I actually also really like glasses on a girl, its really sexy. But.... when I kiss a girl with glasses, our glasses clash and its really nerdy.... Haha. But it's defo hot.

I agree, it is one of my personal favourites. However the clashing is terrible!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, my boyfriend told me this a while ago and I just couldn't understand it. Still don't.

I've started this post about 5 different ways. After all my efforts, all I can say is "it's hard to explain". :)

One thing I will say though: Don't think that you (not you specifically) need to wear makeup because you're unattractive without your makeup on. It's not the case.

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    I've started this post about 5 different ways. After all my efforts, all I can say is "it's hard to explain". :)

One thing I will say though: Don't think that you (not you specifically) need to wear makeup because you're unattractive without your makeup on. It's not the case.

See you all say that. Or at least the hippies I date do.
    But when occassionally presented with a groomed,coiffed, push uped, powdered package.... your reaction says different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

But when occassionally presented with a groomed,coiffed, push uped, powdered package.... your reaction says different.

So so true - nearly all men I know say this, however if one were to frequent the pubs and clubs in said big T-shirt, no make up, frizzy hair your night I dare say would be a whole lot different ;)

Fo example, my ex had these strange scarred lumps of skin on his chest and I thought they were lovely and just loved the uniqueness of them (if you know what I mean!). But then he said he was going to get laser treatment ot remove them. I did not approve :)

But there is something so incredibly hot about face and chest scars.

See example (And he has a french accent) :D

600x450_Citroen-Loeb-_EFO1951.jpg

Although it is odd my ex was forever acquiring new battle wounds in work.
    He is ridiculiously pretty. I used to get so upset that he was ruining my goods for no good reason. I meant if your going to risk your head there should at least be the lives of somethings helpless and adorable at stake.

;)

Actually I like accents too. Droll ones from the southern states in the US. European men with hard H's. Regional Irish, but especially nordie vernaculars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If one of your boyfriends didn't notice that you made an effort, would you be upset? Answer is likely yes, we tend to know when certain reactions are appropriate. And when the girl is dolled up it means she made the effort, which means she most likely wants some recognition of that effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yeah, true enough. Good call and I wont deny it. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive though. I'll try to explain myself, but brain no worky worky so good today...

My better half doesn't wear makeup 90% of the time. Now when she gets all done up and does put makeup on I think she looks super....BUT....I wouldn't like her to look like that all the time.

Am I making sense? Or is it brain no worky so good today?
    dubsgirl wrote: »
    So so true - nearly all men I know say this, however if one were to frequent the pubs and clubs in said big T-shirt, no make up, frizzy hair your night I dare say would be a whole lot different ;)

Ah here now...no makeup is not the same as looking like you just fell out of the scratcher. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Love girls with bright red hair cool.gif(dyed), the only thing is you only see Russian and finnish girls with that hair colour.if I see a girl like that i can't resist to go up to her and speak russian 99% of the time they are .:)

That's so cute!
    :D
    That made me pretty happy, reading that right there!
    How sad am I? :pac:

Oh, another thing I like - a guy with interesting, unusual hobbies. Always find original interests a positive thing!

Ha, yeah it's cute in a nerdy way....!

Unusual hobbies is defo a plus. Anything that's not the norm really, even down to where they like to eat... After breaking up with an ex once, I decided to do something unusual and picked up swing dancing. Absolutely SLICK.

Also love a girl who'll throw random movie/tv/book quotes around in general conversation. Biggest attraction.

Also love a girl who'll throw random movie/tv/book quotes around in general conversation. Biggest attraction.

:O

Yes! That's a good one!

I like use of Bill Bailey / Dylan Moran material too! :)
    They're great!

And poetry, I guess - I like Eliot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

BumbleB wrote: »
    Love girls with bright red hair cool.gif(dyed), the only thing is you only see Russian and finnish girls with that hair colour.if I see a girl like that i can't resist to go up to her and speak russian 99% of the time they are .:)

+1 on the red hair. I know this one girl and, phowar. It's very sexy

• Advertisement

:O

Yes! That's a good one!

I like use of Bill Bailey / Dylan Moran material too! :)
    They're great!

And poetry, I guess - I like Eliot.

Bill Bailey was in my job last night and I fuggin MISSED him!!! I was like a lunatic looking around for him until someone eventually just went "Sean... he's long gone...." Hnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo!

But yes, anything said by either of the two of them (or anything written by Graham Linehan) just bowls me over.

Advertisement