Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

I like the little freckle that's at the bottom of my OH's thumb. I sometimes look down when we're holding hands and it makes me smile.

And I sometimes use his upper arm as a pillow- it's muscly but not beefy and makes me feel safe (cheesy but true! :o)

On men in general though you can't go wrong with a bit of stubble, good manners and an ability to loosen up and have the craic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

A guy that can make tea properly:) , a bit of body hair not a yetti but a few on his chest....oh and good arms that can pin me down :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Bryn wrote: »
    Girls who are into cars!

Oh, like Honda Integras? They're nice cars :P

Rugby-esq guys :) yummers. Mine is rugby-esq, now I gotta convince him to start playing hehehe.

I actually forgot that point!
    Rugby guys definitely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skally-wag

I love a guy carrying a sports bag or gear bag: like, it shows they're fit and stuff, I dunno if that's weird but they always catch my eye over a guy who isn't carrying one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

gear bag as in... full of drugs!?
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Boys who read. Boys who read on public transport always catch my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Boys who read. Boys who read on public transport always catch my eye.

I imagine it depends on what he's reading?

Fantasy book - OK

Mein Kampf - Eh? :D (Godwin win's again.)

But I agree for the Vice Versa, I love girls who read, particularily girls who read the same kind of books I read! No Chick-lit thank you (except in private now and then:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

I love men with hairy chests and legs really hairy:pac:

plus a shaved head:)

I imagine it depends on what he's reading?

Fantasy book - OK

Mein Kampf - Eh? :D (Godwin win's again.)

But I agree for the Vice Versa, I love girls who read, particularily girls who read the same kind of books I read! No Chick-lit thank you (except in private now and then:o)

Totally, I saw a guy ploughing his way through Jane Austen one day, I was seriously impressed. Another day another dude was trying to suppress laughter while reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly, the noises coming out of him, quickly followed by a look of shame kept me smiling the whole way home.

Basically anything vaugely intelligent, or anything that I would like to read myself would impress me.

And do you know how difficult it is to try hide the cover of the latest chick-lit blockbuster read? Man, why does the covers have to be so brightly coloured! It's a true talent that evades me, privacy it is. :)

• Advertisement

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Totally, I saw a guy ploughing his way through Jane Austen one day, I was seriously impressed. Another day another dude was trying to suppress laughter while reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly, the noises coming out of him, quickly followed by a look of shame kept me smiling the whole way home.

Basically anything vaugely intelligent, or anything that I would like to read myself would impress me.

And do you know how difficult it is to try hide the cover of the latest chick-lit blockbuster read? Man, why does the covers have to be so brightly coloured! It's a true talent that evades me, privacy it is. :)

*Note to self, Buy Jane Austen.* :D

I am mor eof a Palahnuik and fantasy (magicians) reader on Buses though!

Love to see people read, but I see it as the same thing as someone listening to their MP3 player, they don't want to be bothered, there is no proper way to chat someone up on a bus, because asking them about their book takes them away from reading their book!!!:mad:

*Note to self, Buy Jane Austen.* :D

I am mor eof a Palahnuik and fantasy (magicians) reader on Buses though!

Love to see people read, but I see it as the same thing as someone listening to their MP3 player, they don't want to be bothered, there is no proper way to chat someone up on a bus, because asking them about their book takes them away from reading their book!!!:mad:

Is that from personal experience? I know I'd be delighted if someone inquired about my book. No one ever has. The only people who talk to me on buses are aul wans and aul fellas.

Also I never listen to my mp3 player on the bus because I love random bus conversations (with said aul wans/fellas). They're great for short story fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I was out at the weekend and was passing by a pretty Spanish girl at one stage and we started talking. She said that she didn't find me that good looking but found me unbelievably attractive... She described me as a more attractive Woody Allen.. Maybe 'cos of my curly hair and glasses.... I'm not sure how i'm supposed to take this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ooh, this being bumped has reminded me....facial scars on ladies = hawt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

I don't know if it's a quirky thing but I love women who wear glasses. Maybe I associate it with intelligence which I think is very sexy :)

MadgeBadge wrote:
    Is that from personal experience? I know I'd be delighted if someone inquired about my book. No one ever has. The only people who talk to me on buses are aul wans and aul fellas.

Personal experience being the one chatted up, unfortunately it was by a gay workmate.:( Since I'm not Gay I don't find it quite as flattering as I would.
    timmyjimmy wrote: »
    I was out at the weekend and was passing by a pretty Spanish girl at one stage and we started talking. She said that she didn't find me that good looking but found me unbelievably attractive... She described me as a more attractive Woody Allen.. Maybe 'cos of my curly hair and glasses.... I'm not sure how i'm supposed to take this!!

I lol'ed!! Hard!!!!

She probably has a Woody Allen fetish!!! That I have to say is quirky!!!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, creativity is another one. Involved in some sort of art, writer/ actor singer etc. a kindred spirit :D

"I wanna live with a musician. She'd write songs at home and ask me what I thought of them, and maybe even include one of our little private jokes in the liner notes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

freckles and the ability to drop vulgarities into a pleasant conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ad1

i like scars. They intrigue me.
    i also like to see a fella who's out having a laugh with his friends. Well if they think he's good craic, then why wouldn't i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ad1

i like a man who doesn't look like he's spent as long getting ready as me. i like that men are that simple that they can just shower, throw on some clean clothes and then be all set for their night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

veiny hands and arms

little neds

theres something about a mans back

soft voice

creases in clothes

khaki's

• Advertisement

LauraLoo wrote: »
    veiny hands and arms

little neds

theres something about a mans back

soft voice

creases in clothes

khaki's

Do I want to know what a little ned is? ~winces in preparation for a shock~ ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Peggypeg

I love guy's backs too, thought that was just me. I love arms, defo favourite part of a guy. I also love tattoos and shaved heads, generally the meaner looking the better, just being honest. My boyfriend is 16 stone (not fat at all just a big fella), shaved head, 8 tattoos. It funny though coz he's the nicest, sweetest guy ever, he loves animals and dotes on my 4 cats and 4 kittens, it's so cute to find them asleep on him. So yeah I'm a bit contrary, I like guys who look really tough and mean but are in fact sweet hearts. Actually I've found that alot of the bigger guys tend to be softies when you get to know them, anyone else find that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madra-rua

Well defined shoulders and arms do it for me ...

Love big hands as well.

This might sound weird but I think my OH looks so hot when he comes home from a hard day's work covered in dirt ... something really manly about it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

I love big manly hands too and thighs, gotta say after the eyes, thighs are my favourite body part on a man. Or well maybe second favourite :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Oh this thread is great :)

I used to wear a very nice pair of silver semi-rim Calvin Klein glasses before I got lasered, but to the best of my knowledge, only one guy fancied me specifically because of the glasses:)
    BTW, whoever posted about short and curvy blondes earlier need look no further :pac:

I love tall, dark haired, smart guys. Deeelicious brains. *drool* :D

wouldn't say no to some nicely toned guns either and/or a hairy chest.

But as for quirky things, am I the only one who looks at a guy's lips? I do think that's important :)

Oh this thread is great :)

I used to wear a very nice pair of silver semi-rim Calvin Klein glasses before I got lasered, but to the best of my knowledge, only one guy fancied me specifically because of the glasses:)
    BTW, whoever posted about short and curvy blondes earlier need look no further :pac:

I love tall, dark haired, smart guys. Deeelicious brains. *drool* :D

But as for quirky things, am I the only one who looks at a guy's lips? I do think that's important :)

You should get your eyes unlasered, so how it goes with the glasses again!

That was so me, up to the hairy chest :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Words cannot convey how fast I would run from any man who described any part of his body as his 'guns'.

Seriously.

I'm there on the hairy chest though (hairy everywhere if possible).

I do have some purple rimless shades, that'll have to do for now! :D

Words cannot convey how fast I would run from any man who described any part of his body as his 'guns'.

Seriously.

I'm there on the hairy chest though (hairy everywhere if possible).

"Can I see your guns?" is a great chatup line though it is v. cheesy ;) Having said that, I'm not crazy about overly muscular arms, but I like to see some nice definition there, if that makes sense. :)

*doesn't know whether to holster the "guns" or not*

:D

• Advertisement

A tall, dark haired swot is fine as they are :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I like it when a girl touches my bum while we're kissing. Cos girls don't often touch my bum while we're kissing. So when they do, it feels very exciting and new. And that's why I like girls touching my bum while we're kissing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Holster.

Just to be on the safe side.:)

I like it when a girl touches my bum while we're kissing. Cos girls don't often touch my bum while we're kissing. So when they do, it feels very exciting and new. And that's why I like girls touching my bum while we're kissing. :D

Awww :) That's multitasking at its best, so it is :D

Holster.

Just to be on the safe side.:)

Good idea, you dunno when these bad boys* will go off. I'll at least put them on safety.

*Vinny Chase may not actually have any guns

I dont' think that's a quirky thing about the other sex. I think you just like having your ass grabbed, you're not alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LauraLoo

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do I want to know what a little ned is? ~winces in preparation for a shock~ ;)

ah ill leave it to your imagination :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LauraLoo wrote: »
    ah ill leave it to your imagination :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That *REALLY* isn't a good idea. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Me too!! I love the way my OH talks...the way his lips moves and the way his tounge and teeth interact while he is talking!! (that makes me sound like such a weirdo!) And a good smile...wowzers!!! :p

I love a boy who dances...especially if he looks like he is loving it and not posing!! A kind of dancing-behind-closed-doors-dance!! Really does it for me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I love strong forearms, especially complete with a leather cuff/wristband..hmm:p

I find full pouty lips appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I find full pouty lips appealing.

Hee hee my OH will kill me if he sees this but when he was in his last band and they were playing a gig he would get really into it and be concentrating....and his concentration look is basically him nodding to the beat and pouting!!! He looks so cute but got very embarressed when we pointed it out to him!!!

Pouty boy lips are great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Was reminded of this thread a few nights ago and had to post.

Girls who drink pints. They could rule the world.

The girl I'm dating at the moment drinks pints of beer. Consider me in heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Sugarlessfifi

Was reminded of this thread a few nights ago and had to post.

The girl I'm dating at the moment drinks pints of beer. Consider me in heaven.

I drink pints of beer easily. Does she like, enjoy it? because over all beer, baileys and whiskey would be my favourite drinks.
    Vodka is a little further down the line. Not much of a bitch drinker anymore, too sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

I drink pints of vodka [Only kidding]

I was told before that women drinking pints of beer was very unladylike and frowned upon by many males - didn't bother me and I'd easily tuck into pints of bulmers or beer! Luckily my bf doesn't mind one bit! Wouldn't really bother me if he did!

Also have a thing for guys in glasses.........guys playing the guitar...........guys in suits............guys with nice eyes.........

• Advertisement

I like the eyes, the suits and the glasses too, never found a particular attraction towards guitarists though when my BF used to play bass it would make me melt a little, even though he thinks he was bad at it :P

My boyfriend doesn't mind(as far as I know =/) about me drinking pints, though I know he never liked buying me bitch drinks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

I love the way when my OH is laughing about something, he covers half his face with his hand, as if to say "Oh God, that's embarrassing!" It's terribly cute!

I cover my face too, but because it goes red when I laugh >.< and because I wear braces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Eyes. It's all in the eyes. Bright, sparkly and intelligent. That smile when she smiles. It shows a true smile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I think scars for some reason are so sexy, don't ask me why. I love a nice set of teeth as well as lovely hands, a girl of very obscure tastes :) My bf ticks two out of three of those boxes, not a scar in sight :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement