Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbeth

Options
  • 17-05-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi!

Just wondering how many Macbeth questions should you cover in order to be 'safe' or at least kinda safe!

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Im learning off essays on Deception,Kingship and Evil if that helps i have no idea the likely hood of what comes up tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im going over the charecter macbeth,lady macbeth and banquo in detail.
    themes of deception,good and evil,kingship and the supernatural

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm doing Good -v- Evil, Macbeth and Lady Macbeth's Relationship, Power and Ambition, Kingship and Banquo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm really not that bothered to be honest. But my English teacher said Lady Macbeth could be a character question on her own,and she has really focused on the presence of the supernatural.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm doing Kingship, Supernatural, Good v. Evil and Macbeth's character in detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Out of the whole english paper (both I & II) the Macbeth question is scaring me the most since I've only been doing it for a few months.

I have the belief that they normally ask a theme question and a character question. Is this true?
    I've also been told that they've always asked about the relationship between Lady M and M so I'm worried about what kind of question they could ask. Argh!

I'm planning on doing:

Themes:
    Good v Evil
    Appearance vs Reality
    Kingship/Power

Characters:
    Macbeth - tragic hero question
    Lady M
    Banquo - role
    Macduff - role

Other
    Imagery
    Account for the enduring popularity of Macbeth

But, in reality, I'll probably take my chances and do the ones in bold. Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Banquo has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, and by my english teacher... maybe I should give him a bit of a look-see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phasers wrote: »
    Banquo has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread, and by my english teacher... maybe I should give him a bit of a look-see.

Aye, I've never really done anything on him tbh.
    Now I'm worried.
    Better get to work on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

bythewoods wrote: »
    Aye, I've never really done anything on him tbh.
    Now I'm worried.
    Better get to work on it!

I might be able to sort you out.
    Remind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

A question on Macbeth as a tragic hero will cover a charachter question on Macbeth, a theme question, that one that came up on one of the mock papers about sympathy and disgust, and others which I can't actually think of right now.. but yeah! Tragic hero, guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement