Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting Fingal v Athlone Town

• 17-05-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Another game where Town did everything ... except score! Hit the bar, had another cleared off the line and with another ref cound have had a 2 man advantage during the game!

Gareth Whelan takes down stephen Place on the edge of the box
    3535172977_ce0807d76a.jpg

Stephen Place collides with Darren Quigley
    3535181745_239d2b455b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Two good captures, especially the 2nd one, attacker looks to be saying: 'take that' and the goalie is saying: 'ooooogh why didn't I stay on my goal-line'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I didn't realise there was another boards photographer at the game. Shame.

Here's a few of my images.

3537832013_b6a143b949.jpg

3537832351_36af2c4349.jpg

3538645220_b2bff4b756.jpg

Great result for Sporting Fingal. The first goal was special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Two good captures, especially the 2nd one, attacker looks to be saying: 'take that' and the goalie is saying: 'ooooogh why didn't I stay on my goal-line'.

:D Or "I immediately regret my decision"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Paulw wrote: »
    I didn't realise there was another boards photographer at the game. Shame.

Yeah, predumed you were one of the lads at the opposite end. Was gonna tip over and say G'Day at half time but got a better offer of a cup of tea :D
    Paulw wrote: »
    The first goal was special.
    First goal was an OG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Yeah, predumed you were one of the lads at the opposite end. Was gonna tip over and say G'Day at half time but got a better offer of a cup of tea :D

That was myself and Mike (Gambler). At half time I was running around doing all the PR shots.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    First goal was an OG!!!
    Technically, yeah, but Kirby's run through the defense was something else, and even if it wasn't an OG, Conan would have tapped it in. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement