Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All GMIT accommodation related stuff thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 alice_wisdom

heyy, im startin in cluain thingy in september and have met another person on the net looking to rent a place as we dont want to live in student appartments. Im female, 21, going to be studying art and the guy is 25 and studying business. Looking to rent a 3 or 4 bed house around the general GMIT area so if you're 21+ and not wanting to move into student halls let me know :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Where the fcuk is cluain mhuire? :confused:

It would be Here

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    It would be Here

Precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Precise.

There would be complaints otherwise :p:D

is anyone still looking to houseshare?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sheamus

is anyone still looking to houseshare?

where are you looking to live do you know? im looking to move to a place more closer to cluain Mhuire campus with a mate and the houses around tara grove and welpark road are sold as a unit and not per room,if you get my drift,if a group of four move to a house it can work out just over 50 yoyo a week which isn't bad

Hey, yeah Id be looking around that campus and would love to live in a 4person house. 50 euros a week is really good, what are you guys studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 liv119

im still interested too, i guess that makes 4 of us? theres one or 2 decent places on rent.ie on wellpark road?

I wouldnt advise Wellpark tbh. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kmkelly7

Hey..just wonderin when u got offered ur place?Im hoping to get a letter soon they said July in the Portfolio interview?

• Advertisement

Kmkelly7 wrote: »
    Hey..just wonderin when u got offered ur place?Im hoping to get a letter soon they said July in the Portfolio interview?

well i got my letter to say that i passed the portfolio interview in may? wont kno for definate until the cao comes out in august i suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 amiii1

Hey guys, I'm going into my second year in FTV in Cluain Mhuire. Just a heads up, Tara Grove is a ****hole. I lived there last year. The houses are FREEZING. Remember that particularly cold spell of a winter we had? Yeah, could see my own breath even when I was wearing hoodies, trousers and two duvets.
    Also we have a double room going in the docks which is about a 20 min walk from there. It's 300pm. Which is a really good deal for what you're getting right in the centre of town. If you think you can tolerate a few parties and music and such then please do message me as we need to find a housemate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rightnow

hey if anyone still needs a place, give me a shout, im gonna live there so just need the housemates.

hey im lookin for housemates too so just let me kno what the deal is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blank!!!!1111

I too am looking for house/ housemates in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Blank!!!!1111

Anyone still looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

amiii1 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm going into my second year in FTV in Cluain Mhuire. Just a heads up, Tara Grove is a ****hole. I lived there last year. The houses are FREEZING. Remember that particularly cold spell of a winter we had? Yeah, could see my own breath even when I was wearing hoodies, trousers and two duvets.
    Also we have a double room going in the docks which is about a 20 min walk from there. It's 300pm. Which is a really good deal for what you're getting right in the centre of town. If you think you can tolerate a few parties and music and such then please do message me as we need to find a housemate. :)

Tara Grove is fine i lived there last year, it's only cold if your too stingy to put on the oil. Very handy for the art college also as you're right beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

sorry to drag an old thread but hoping to get into gmit for this coming sept and will be most deffo b looking for somewhere to stay - coming from wicklow.

i'll b 26 yrs old. but at the same time i don't know a soul, don't know the area, wouldn't have to foggiest where to look for accommodation etc (particularly the private type). it'l be my first year and am already stressed to the eyeballs trying to make sure everything is in place so i would be looking for the most stress free way of finding decent accommodation. i also can't be legging it back and forth across the country time and time again to look at places, the cost of petrol and whatnot is just to great. cost me the bones of €70 to come across for my interview there last week!

cheers for all the help in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

hdowney wrote: »
    sorry to drag an old thread but hoping to get into gmit for this coming sept and will be most deffo b looking for somewhere to stay - coming from wicklow.

i'll b 26 yrs old. but at the same time i don't know a soul, don't know the area, wouldn't have to foggiest where to look for accommodation etc (particularly the private type). it'l be my first year and am already stressed to the eyeballs trying to make sure everything is in place so i would be looking for the most stress free way of finding decent accommodation. i also can't be legging it back and forth across the country time and time again to look at places, the cost of petrol and whatnot is just to great. cost me the bones of €70 to come across for my interview there last week!

cheers for all the help in advance

I will be able to provide you with accomodation for september if required!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kevh1987

Hey hdowney, ill be starting in gmit as a mature student myself so i know the feeling,but i know Galway pretty well.Your prob not interested in the student villages but if you are there as follows, glasan, gleann na ri, cuirt na rasai and tir na capall a quick google will give you there websites.
    If you go to gmitsugalway.com there is an accommodation list on there with lots of houses/rooms etc.Also daft.ie and galway advertiser will be very handy too.
    Hope this hepls anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MicklesMe

Hey guys.

I just got accepted from GMIT into a Film & Television course. I'd be moving up from Meath so it's a bit of a jump.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend/give opinions on near by student accommodation, especially for the Cluain Mhuire campus.

Or f anyone is needing a new room mate looking to share that would be great.

Cheers

Hey guys.

I just got accepted from GMIT into a Film & Television course. I'd be moving up from Meath so it's a bit of a jump.

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend/give opinions on near by student accommodation, especially for the Cluain Mhuire campus.

Or f anyone is needing a new room mate looking to share that would be great.

Cheers

how ya,

i stayed in glasan but it is a good 20 min walk which isnt fun during the winter!! try The Village, Wellpark road or Wellpark Grove or Tara Grove or An Sailin (very nice but strict)

hope this is of some help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 peoplepie

Hi there. Found a house on daft in wellpark grove right near cluain mhuire. Looks good and is available from the 1st september http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1080119
    I am studying ftv and am a mature student. If anyone is interested in a house share let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Hi,

I noticed that the GMIT Student Accommodation apartments, Ceann Boirne is not listed as one of the accommodation options. Ceann Boirne is a fairly recent development of student apartments and is located directly across the road from the GMIT on Ballybane road which is kind of handy.

Link www.ceannboirne.com

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blue Badger

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has ever lived in bayview, its right beside the college so was thinking of moving in but I just wanted to see if anyone had and idea of what its like there. Any help would be great, thanks! :D

Hey guys, can anyone tell me what Cúirt na Rásaí is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

You would be better off looking for a room in a regular house in Well park or bohermore a lot of the student villages are far from cluain mhuire unless you plan on cycling or driving there. I lived in Glasan the first 2 years it opened and had a ball and met so many people but it is a good 15-20 min walk and in the winter weather thats not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Marvel80 wrote: »
    You would be better off looking for a room in a regular house in Well park or bohermore a lot of the student villages are far from cluain mhuire unless you plan on cycling or driving there. I lived in Glasan the first 2 years it opened and had a ball and met so many people but it is a good 15-20 min walk and in the winter weather thats not fun.

Im sure you're think of somewhere else? Glasan is right across the road from GMIT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

The guys is going to Cluain Mhuire not the main GMIT Campus they are a 20 walk away from each other.

Advertisement