Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs West Brom Match Thread

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Highsider wrote: »
    Two words. Roy Keane

And look how he ended up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Oh ffs. Some people on here are unbelievable. I was just pointing out a club captain has to have passion to succeed. Just ask Wenger :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

mayordenis wrote: »
    14 words, which are much more relevant.

Mark Wright
    Ian Rush
    John Barnes
    Paul Ince
    Jamie Redknapp
    Sami Hyypia
    Steven Gerrard

4 more words...

How many premiership titles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    And look how he ended up.

lolz

where do i start

how many trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

flanzer wrote: »
    In Keane's defence, I don't think he ever laid a finger on a team mate. What Carra did today was inexcusable.

There's no harm in a screaming and shouting match

excusable? rollicking your team mate for not doing his job? Hardly. Arbeloa will never do it again and they'll go out for a drink tonight and forget all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Highsider wrote: »
    Two words. Roy Keane

Oi, Keano never pushed his own teammates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

4 more words...

How many premiership titles?

seriously whats your problem?
    0 premiership titles, because it's liverpool.

I have a sneaking suspiscion you might actually know that Liverpool are yet to win the premiership.
    MAybe you don't know that, but I think maybe just maybe your saying this to get a rise out of people.

Totally irrelevant, completely and utterly, I was pointing out the kind of people that become Liverpool captains, not that they are necessarily better captaiins than roy keane, but they are the liverpool type of captain, I know I shouldn't of expected you to get that, I know it's difficult in the real world, talking to people who have brains. Just please try a little harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

It was just tension at losing the league. Torres had it, Carra had it. There was a serious malaise about the whole team and their performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

mike65 wrote: »
    WBA 0 - 2 Liverpool.
    Good call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I know I shouldn't of expected you to get that, I know it's difficult in the real world, talking to people who have brains. Just please try a little harder.

Careful now.

We don't have to imitate everything we see on the TV! ;)

• Advertisement

seriously whats your problem?
    0 premiership titles, because it's liverpool.

I have a sneaking suspiscion you might actually know that Liverpool are yet to win the premiership.
    MAybe you don't know that, but I think maybe just maybe your saying this to get a rise out of people.

Totally irrelevant, completely and utterly, I was pointing out the kind of people that become Liverpool captains, not that they are necessarily better captaiins than roy keane, but they are the liverpool type of captain, I know I shouldn't of expected you to get that, I know it's difficult in the real world, talking to people who have brains. Just please try a little harder.

Totally irrelevant? Do you not think the fact thatwe choose a certain type of captain and still none of them have won the league is totally irrelevant? Maybe it's time we changed it. I'd certainly rather Carra as captain then Agger or Skretel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Careful now.

We don't have to imitate everything we see on the TV! ;)

haha was also about to point to the irony:D

Totally irrelevant? Do you not think the fact thatwe choose a certain type of captain and still none of them have won the league is totally irrelevant? Maybe it's time we changed it. I'd certainly rather Carra as captain then Agger or Skretel.

No I don't think the type of captain is the reason we're without a league title,
    No I don't think it's time we changed it
    Yes it is irrelevant,
    No he's not up against Agger or Skrtel for captaincy,
    It's gerrard now, hopefully followed by masch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This thread needs some enlightening so I refer you back to my previous post about Jamie Carragher.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    hulk01mcguinnesscover.jpg

It's Cara.

That is all.

hellboy.jpg
    also acceptable

hellboy.jpg
    also acceptable

That'll do pig.

No I don't think the type of captain is the reason we're without a league title,
    No I don't think it's time we changed it
    Yes it is irrelevant,
    No he's not up against Agger or Skrtel for captaincy,
    It's gerrard now, hopefully followed by masch.

Alonso, no?

Alonso, no?

I don't see Alonso becoming captain..... mainly cos I don't think he'll be there next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I don't see Alonso becoming captain..... mainly cos I don't think he'll be there next year.

Course he'll be staying, the only people who say otherwise are Ballague who is generally wrong and Bascombe and his little lapdogs who have it in for Rafa.

Booo-urns!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭lint316

Alonso isnt going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well he says he will & Rafa says he will. So i'd imagine, he will.
    Alonso, no?

I agree. Think he would be an outstanding captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bah from reading here I thought it was something serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol wtf was Carragher at?

basically Carra has said that he just lost his temper cause he still wants Reina to win the golden gloves.

still not on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lads, fans have little or no idea of who are good or bad candidates for captaincy. We only see what happens on the pitch. We don't see the players interacting in the dressing room and the training facility. Don't know who are the most popular and out going personalities on social / team bonding exercises. AND, we don't really know how the players value the contributions of their colleagues in terms of impact on the pitch.

As such, discussion in this thread of who would be good or bad Captains is beyond ridiculous. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I just love how Alonso gets straight there to sort it out. Good man.

Llyod, i'd hazard a guess that 95% of the ****e discussed on this site is entirely pointless, doesnt stop us none the less! ;)

anyone watching motd2?
    the analysis of kuyt in a central role?
    and the man utd/liverpool team thing?
    having a little go at rafa

jeez they are a joke
    and xenophobic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was thinking to myself watching the match, "Arbeloa couldnt give a **** out there, someone needs to give him a kick up the arse." seconds later and Carragher gave him that kick. I say fair play, if someone doesnt want to play, gtfo.

that Utd/Liverpool players thing was ****ing comical :rolleyes:

nearly as funny as Keown saying Kuyt needs to be in a central role to get goals, mustn't have watched much ball this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    that Utd/Liverpool players thing was ****ing comical :rolleyes:

nearly as funny as Keown saying Kuyt needs to be in a central role to get goals, mustn't have watched much ball this season.

what was said ?

Headshot wrote: »
    what was said ?

they just had a look at who out of the first 11 of both sides would get into a single team,
    I'm not gonna argue with you guys about it though.
    it will end in tears, mostly mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

What were they saying on MOTD2?

about kuyt they were banging on ala Gerrard 3 years ago about how he should not be out wide but should be in a central role,
    keown even mentioned gerrard being out wide instead at one stage.....

• Advertisement

i started a thread about the utd/pool hybrid team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why Mr Alan why????????? :eek:

I have faith in most of the patrons of this forum Mike!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I have faith in most of the patrons of this forum Mike!

You been using some of Bednar's stash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus som of the overreacting about Carra in here is ridiculous.

He screams and shouts at players every single week. I remember a couple of seasons back whiole lining up for a corner and Crouch was standign a couple of feet from where Carra wanted him, Carra screamed once or twice then went and dragged him to where he wanted him, while pointing and shouting at the ground.

We need players like him. Someone who actually has a bit of passion and is not just there because its his job.
    You can sign all the hugely expensive big names you want from around the world, but money cant buy you that sort of passion that some players have for their clubs. Theres a certain breed that will do it anywhere they end up (the likes of Carra, Roy keane etc).

The man is willing to put himself on the line for he team and thats irreplaceable.He directly stops more goals than anyone I've seen.As for being caught out more this season, If you take the time to watch teh play buiding he's more often than not coverning for other players **** ups and lacks in concentration. Of course it will look like he's making mistakes and giving away penos, he's involved in every single defensive move and thats because he makes sure he's always there.

I have stand up rows every single week just playing 5 a side for exacty the same thing that caused that today. Its incredibley frustrating when your team goes attacking then lose the ball .You find yourself with 2 or3 onto your 1 or 2 and their players are overtaking yours who are standing . It's just not acceptable. If you want to go for a walk, do that , but dotn pretend you want to be part of a team whiel doing it.

A prime example of why you want a certain type of player in your team was the Barce goal against Chelsea. Ballack ducked out of the way of the shot. John Terry would have taken the ball in the face if he had to. He doesnt do that because Chelsea pay him 100k a week. If he was playign sunday league he'd do the same.

We will sorely miss that same attitude from te team when Carra goes.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    A prime example of why you want a certain type of player in your team was the Barce goal against Chelsea. Ballack ducked out of the way of the shot. John Terry would have taken the ball in the face if he had to. He doesnt do that because Chelsea pay him 100k a week. If he was playign sunday league he'd do the same.

We will sorely miss that same attitude from te team when Carra goes.

Is it Agger or Skrtel you expect to jib?
    or maybe masch or xabi?
    Kuyt? Benny? team of hidders and jibbers at the pool? Negasaurus rex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mtxqc7.jpg

I don't think its a massive deal about Carra, made a bit of a tit of himself but not a huge deal.

One thing i will say though is no way on gods green earth he would have pulled the same stunt on Martin Skrtel, Gerrard, Reina or someone a bit "tougher". Hence the reason he made a bit of a tit of himself imo.

fair play to Arbeloa for not backing down though.

Anyway, not a big deal. Happens every day in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What i found amusing was Carragher didn't actually do anything but sneer, seemed like one of those "I'll get you (hold me back Xabi... hold me back) YOU'RE MINE ARBELOA!!" that you see in comedies.

In fairness though, as previously said arbeloa needed a talking too, it is just Carragher could have done it a bit better. Something of nothing imo, people have a go at team mates in football everyweek, and I can only imagine the frustration Carragher must have been feeling at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

carraarbeloa.gif

Don't really see too much wrong with Arbolea there to be honest, he flung himself infront of the ball and blocked the shot.

Carragher is a bully, fair play to Alonso and Arbolea for not backing down.

Advertisement