Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol disposal / waste management

• 17-05-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for how / where to dispose of some old contaminated lawnmower petrol?
    Dublin 14 area.

I've googled to no avail. Dublinwaste.ie was no help either.

I've only found threads saying to tip it out near Leinster House and chuck a match to it... Please no such jokes in this thread ;-)
    Looking for a useful answer.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

how much have you got?

Id just set fire to it!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

You may a answer to this question easier in the Green Issues forum. Burning it in a controlled manner in a tray for example might work but if you are in a Semi-D with a 10X10 backyard don't expect to win any new friendly neighbours. I think burning is illegal in cities but am not 100% sure. It also depends on what it is contaminated with. Whatever you do don't pour it down the drain anyway;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Leave the cap off the can and let it evaporate?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

I think the recycling center down in Ballymount Industrial Estate

take waste engine oils and such like. Worth giving them a ring i guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement